What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Both Toho KONG movies, in 16x9, coming from Universal 11/29! (1 Viewer)

Joseph Goodman

Stunt Coordinator
The violence at the end of King Kong Escapes (Dr. Who getting crushed) was, as far as I know, only edited on the Sci-Fi Channel broadcasts of the film.

Also, there is a lot more different than just the OSL between the US & Japanese cuts of King Kong Vs. Godzilla :

http://www.historyvortex.org/GodzillaAmerica3.html

...to say nothing of the Japanese version being in four-track magnetic stereo!

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Hope you did not buy R1 Kill Bill.

What is the forums policy on films that were edited for foreign markets?
Is it the original or nothing?
Are foreign release prints seen for what they are (being for a different market than the home country of the film)?
Or, only as an abomination?
The orignal Godzilla is considered two different movies, the Japanese and the American, correct?

Is there a forum backlash against Speed Racer?

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
The only beef I have affiliated with Speed Racer is the current crap DVD incarnations, which are a mere shadow of what they could have been...

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

:laugh: Kids nowadays buying this?! Are you joking? I doubt many kids will be snatching this release up in the days of XBOX, CGI, HDTV, etc.

The only kids this would appeal to are overgrown kids like all of us in this thread. ;)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I too would prefer the original Japanese version on these but King Kong Escapes may be the lone exception to this but definately not on KKVG especially with no Akira Ifukube score:frowning:
But since these are at least Widescreen and should be nice transfers plus a good price, I'll still pick it.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

Good and funny points. I've tried to turn many a youngster onto Godzilla flicks in the past 10 years or so only to receive blank stares and looks of "You've got to be kidding me".:laugh:

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'd take the Big Zilla over any current CGI Creation..the Big guy had Personality.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

So would I but its the new generation raised on different stuff that we are referring to. "Them young wipper snappers don't know whats up:D "

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Hello Jim_KA,
Thank you for addressing all my questions.
I would like other forum members & forum 'officials', to add their comments as well.

Like KK vs. G, Speed Racer, is not the orignal Japanese version.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson

The R1 DVD of KILL BILL contains the U.S. theatrical version, which was cut and altered to secure an R rating. The Japanese DVD of KILL BILL is complete, with the entire House Of Blue Leaves sequence in color.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
This is a PERFECFT excuse to buy both the Kong box set and collectors tin! This double feature will make a perfect substitue for the original KK in the Warner box set! I was hoping for something like this!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I guess I should've been more specific. :)

Everyone was at odds over whether to buy the 3-DVD Kong boxset from Warner or the beautiful looking collector's tin...

I was one of those people who wanted to own both for the benefits of each (the boxset offering the additional movies in a convenient and classy looking package, and the tin set which offered additional non-DVD related promotional material and cool packaging!) - None of us liked the idea of having doubles of the exact same movie on shelf though, nor paying for them either!

Well with this double-feature disc, the original Kong from the boxswet could easily be substitued so that the packaging is not compromised in any way and with the beautiful collectors tin - I can now own the original classic and a fitting and comprehensive collection of sequels (sort-of) in the new box set with great artwork and no objection... A perfect compromise!

And the extra Kong S.E. will find it's way to Ebay, in essence covering the expense of the Universal double-feature release and than some!

:emoji_thumbsup:

JulianK

Supporting Actor
The two films are being released as part of a four-disc King Kong box set here in the UK (Universal own the rights to the 1933 film here, not Warner Home Video).

Both films are presented with their English audio only.

I added a page of menu screen grabs from the set to my website yesterday. You can find them here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks