Boston Marathon tragedy. (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
That's the thing. The press seems to be reporting as "a body"

I have a feeling he's dead, but there still seems to be no definitive report.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Suspect #2 was given green card on 9-11-2012.Suspect #1 was questioned by FBI at the request of an unknown foreign government.In 2011.I'm wondering how cooperative suspect #2 is going to be.I'm betting he doesn't know much or will play stupid.Suspect #1 probably had more info..

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
A Chicago teen has been arrested on terrorist related charges.This must be the new thing now, recruiting bored teens to hate America.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
There are talks of people getting together to buy the guy a new boat since its full of bullet holes.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Saw a show on CNN or something last night, and all it turned out to be was a bitch and moan session about all the "mistakes" made during this investigation.

Nothing about the 90% of things that were done well, just nit pick about "why didn't the FBI do this?", "How could they have missed that clue?",
absolutely disgusting. The armchair quarterbacks come out to complain about how the investigation wasn't done as well as it could have been.

Well fine, you jerks sit back in your chairs and discuss the things that happened from the safety of your little news desks, not being in the field, dealing with the stress, the emotions, being shot at, the hundreds or thousands of leads that had to be checked out.

I applaud the authorities who finally ended this, fairly fast if you figure how much evidence they had to go through. Not some news twits who now want to point out what they could have done better. A$$holes, they weren't even there.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
CNN was criticized for giving false news during the Boston Bombing situation.No wonder the news was vastly different between Fox and CNN.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The Daily Show had a funny segment on the CNN quality of coverage. On one hand, I feel sorry for the reporters having to work under the 24-hour news paradigm, and the need to fill that time, but on the other...COME ON!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A discussion of political viewpoints is not allowed on the forum. But that's not what's at issue here.

CNN, I think it is widely noted, did not acquit itself well during their coverage of the Boston Bombing story.

As Cameron noted above, you know you're in the spotlight when Jon Stewart of the Daily Show comes after you on a couple of occasions (the end of the second segment is especially amazing. To think that those words actually came out of the reporter's mouth...):

From April 18th:

From April 22nd:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o3Wa24n-Po&feature=youtu.be

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Those Jon Stewart videos were great.

Even though CNN (other than John King) did a fairly good job, normally prefacing things with "we don't have accurate information at this time but...) so you knew they were reporting things that might not quite be true, Jon found some of their best goof ups.

Thanks

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
How much has changed in 2 decades. Remember when the first gulf war broke out in 1991 and CNN basically redefined on-the-ground news coverage? Where many officials were watching CNN in addition to whatever other intel options they had because it was that good?

Now they're the human centipede of news. Great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks