What's new

Bose speakers best Speakers out there? (1 Viewer)

RonaldMc

Agent
I was wonderign if Bose Speakers were the best speakers for dvd watching on a h76 optoma also anyone else think h76 optoma is overpriced or just fine?

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Great question. Im not a big fan of bose, however i have not tried them with the h76 optomoa. Perhaps that projector running will make them sound different? Which Bose specifically were you interested in. The cubes?

Lev-S

Second Unit
Bose are most definitely NOT the best speakers for DVD watching. If anything they rank from average to poor.

DaveHo

Supporting Actor
I'm with Drew on this one. :confused: :confused: Try doing a search on Bose. Bose - "Better sound through marketing".

-Dave

Charlie C

Stunt Coordinator
"I was wonderign if Bose Speakers were the best speakers for dvd watching "
as opposed to what? cd listening? tv watching?

Bose speakers are inferior to others in their price range in frequency response and power handling. speakers shouldnt 'sound better for one thing and not sound as good for another thing' like in the Crutfield catalog, they have a chart that says 'these are good if you like rock, these are good if you like jaz, these are good if you like classical'. first off, i like it all [minus hank jr. :) sr. and III are fine though :)] so i want speakers that play it all with the same sound quality. its just the same in 'dvd watching, cd listening, tv watching'.

Ronald, what other speakers have you compared Bose to?
if you are considering buying Bose, all I ask it to find a store that sells focal, b&w, mission, paradigm, or whatnot, find speakers in the Bose price range and have a listen.

can you explain yourself more????

Steve*Moore

Auditioning
Bose are a product of marketing hype and carefully designed acoustical showrooms. The biggest comment I always hear is "they don't sound anything like they did in the Bose showroom, can you fix that?" Unfortunately, not without completely redesigning their room and installing major acoustical treatment.

The are dozens of brands that are the same price or less that sound much much better than any of the Bose systems.

Steve
Summit Cinema Design
Dallas/Fort Worth

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"Bose are most definitely NOT the best speakers for DVD watching. If anything they rank from average to poor."

I agree, but if you have an old 8 track or a reel to reel you can play these formats back with the best possible resolution.

Good with 33s, 45s, and even 78s too.

B

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member

Lol. I almost spilt coffee out my nose with that one. I think that needed a sarcasm smiley though...

:D

I am a big Paradigm fan for entry-level speakers, they aren't sold in chains, and are WAYYYYY better than bose crap. I strongly recommend you audition as many things as you can, but Paradigm is a great place to start.

Alan Wise

Stunt Coordinator
Forum Friends,
This smells like someone trying to start another "Bose Rocks" thread as a joke.
Ronald, please excuse me for being rude if it's not true, but come on guys, his name is Ronald Mc (Ronald McDonald?).
I think we are getting our Bose fire lit again.

Al. Wise

RonaldMc

Agent
Thanks for teh advice guys i am new to speakers and dont know poreety much anythign about them i just asked a question if they were teh best for dvd watching and no my last name is not Mcdonalds.......... Mcormic belive it or not, i just asked for some advice why is evryone being so hostile towards me? i tought thsi was a mature forum unlike some fan club forum. What speakers do you gusy think are best to go with dvd watching ocacional Rock listening and ocacional gaming ( just bought an xbox )but i would want the speakers to concentrate on Dvd quality

Thank you all sory if this ofends anyone but my last name is nt Mcdonalds adn i been insulted for this many times and i dont apreciate it.

Alan Wise

Stunt Coordinator
Ronald,
I appologize.
Please do a thread search for "Bose" and see what comes up. You will notice that there is a long history here of "Bose" threads that go on and on. Yes, they do bash Bose. Yes, they can get out of hand. This is mostly because people find that the marketing Bose uses dupes people into believing that they are buying top quality, first rate speakers. If you are willing to get past my first reply and do the search, you will find that Bose is made with cheap components. There are many other speakers that are small and perform much better for a fraction of the money.
As you have obviously learned, Bose is a very, very, touchy subject on this forum.

Al. Wise

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Ronald, I mentioned above in my post about Paradigm, which I definitely believe is an excellent starting point. They make high-value speakers, worlds better than Bose, and they tend to have good dealers. I suggest you use Paradigm as a starting point to audition as many speakers as you can, listen carefully using a variety of your own cds of well-recorded music (usually not pop and stuff). I think if you go listen to paradigm, you will be surprised with the quality though. I hope that helps.

The video and audio is separate, so the projector has no bearing on your audio choices. The only time the projector would enter the equation is in terms of noisy fans or something.

Alan Wise

Stunt Coordinator
Ronald,
For a package of small speakers, I would consider the HSU Ventrilaquist (spelling?) package, or one of the Definitive Technologies Cinema packages.

Good Luck, Al. Wise

Charlie C

Stunt Coordinator
Ronald, what receiver/amp setup do you have to run these speakers? and whats your budget to get speakers.

may I ask why you initially wanted to go with Bose? just out of curiosity

RonaldMc

Agent
Thanks for the help guys the reason why i tought Bose speakers were good is because i went to the litle showroom they have and they just sounded awsome, and the employer there was very persuading that Bose were the "best" speakers out there, also i recieved their catalog and they seemed nice but now i see the truth...

RonaldMc

Agent
i am stil thinking about the budget and i havent figured out teh Amp reciever setup im doing that right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks