"Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2" DVD problems

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Michael Allred, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Michael Allred

Michael Allred Screenwriter

Michael
    I first got the disc when it originally came out a while back. It played fine except for the last 20 minutes which would NOT play at all. I did notice a slight mark on the disc so I figured maybe that's the problem.

So I decided to get a new one (what's the sense of keeping a DVD if you can't watch the final act?) which arrived today.

Put it in the player (a Sony DVP-S330) and it won't play, in fact my player doesn't recognize the disc is in there (getting messages like "Please isert disc".)

So I go through the process several times, pressing 'play' then 'stop' then 'next'..eventually (in whatever order I pressed the buttons) the DVD's menu *finally* came up and I could play the disc.

Has anyone had any problems playing this DVD? I wonder if there are any problems because it's a DVD/CD combo disc (movie on one side, music on the other)? Any guesses?

2. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Did anyone figure out the clues from the short clip in the Special Features?

I got door-rug-grave-mirror-water. But the only clue in the movie I could find was the word on the grave changes from "treacle' to "further" then back to "treacle.

3. Bob clamer

Bob clamer Supporting Actor

No problems here.

4. Joe:C

Joe:C Second Unit

It's been a while since I watched this, but I can remember a couple. The mirror one occurs during one of the detective's interviews. As he's walking by a mirror instead of his head reflected there is a white face. The water one occurs during a point in the movie when one of the girls is standing in a river/pond/lake. As she's standing there, you can make out the shadow of the stick figure from the first movie. Sorry I don't have more details, but it's been a few years since I've watched the movie.