What's new

Which studio/company do you want to co-finance and distribute Bond 25?

• Warner Bros.

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • Sony Pictures

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • 20th Century Fox

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Universal Pictures

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Annapurna Pictures

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Apple

• Amazon

• Total voters

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
MGM asked for over $600 million for the single film and there weren’t any takers at that price point.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
With all the big movies being streamed, they have not sold this one yet?
If it were solely up to MGM, I'm sure they would have. But EON has veto power and wants this to play theatrically.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Bill Hunt posted he believe mgm purchase may be down to Warner and Apple.
Part of me hopes it’s Warner, since I feel like they’d take better care of the catalog, but I think Apple is more likely (deeper pockets).

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Bill Hunt posted he believe mgm purchase may be down to Warner and Apple.

Are there any "wildcards" which can swoop in and outbid them ?

For example, could Microsoft swoop in and make James Bond, Rocky, Stargate, etc ..... as Xbox exclusives?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
What are the assets of MGM these days? Just the film library? It doesn't seem like they've really been a functioning studio for a number of years.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
What are the assets of MGM these days? Just the film library? It doesn't seem like they've really been a functioning studio for a number of years.
Yeah. Why would any company pay $5 billion for MGM's library? James Bond might make that kind of money in a few decades (if it can manage to hit another hot streak like they had with Craig) but there's nothing else that they have that's a particularly viable franchise and physical media is basically dead so they'd be paying $5 billion to stream a bunch of movies that aren't going to really get or keep people subscribing to Apple + or Warners/HBOMAX or Netflix or whoever.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Yeah. Why would any company pay $5 billion for MGM's library? James Bond might make that kind of money in a few decades (if it can manage to hit another hot streak like they had with Craig) but there's nothing else that they have that's a particularly viable franchise and physical media is basically dead so they'd be paying $5 billion to stream a bunch of movies that aren't going to really get or keep people subscribing to Apple + or Warners/HBOMAX or Netflix or whoever.
And MGM only controls 50% of Bond.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Was listening to the Billie Eilish song a few more times this past week and still really like it. Looking forward to whatever visuals they put to it. Assuming we ever get to see the actual movie...

I’m surprised there hasn’t been another official delay yet. Though, they sure DID wait till the last minute to delay it when it was still going to be November 2020. I thought for sure when Tenet didn’t reignite cinemas that they’d have delayed right then and there,perhaps a week or two after Tenet came out, but then they came out with new posters and a new trailer.

I just don’t see this coming out in April, and it’s apparently costing a LOT of money the more time that goes by due to interest on the budget (or whatever the financial situation is, I don’t entirely follow/understand that side of stuff).

ptb2017fr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul Bale
Besides SirPaul, the only other Bond theme song I still listen to is "View To A Kill" by Duran Duran.
Live and Let Die one of the best songs. We Have All The Time in The World from OHMSS is another favourite. Then of course Adele singing Skyfall is up there. These are the only three I can listen to again and again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks