What's new

Blu Ray Ultraviolet - WOW (1 Viewer)

TedD

Supporting Actor
Please give us a description of your display and how you have the BD player connected.

Thanks

Ted

Terry-A

Agent
Real Name
Terry Anderson
TedD said:
Please give us a description of your display and how you have the BD player connected.

Thanks

i have a
Sony KDS-R50XBR1
Samsung BDP1000
Toshiba XA1
JVC RX-D702B with HDMI input
Gefen 4x2 HDMI switcher
Pioneer DV-79AVi
i usa all monster HDMI 1000 cables no crap HDMI for connections because the connections are your weakest link...cant have a 4000 dollar tv and a 1000 dollar HDDVD player and use a 50 dollar HDMI cable....that goes for anyone who cant use HDMI and uses component connection....i have absolutly no problems with the blu ray or toshiba with this set up...just a clear beautifull picture...and everything is 1080i....and i get a better picture than the pioneer elite plasma tv's...there ya have it...

Terry-A

Agent
Real Name
Terry Anderson

trust me punisher and saw was the only 2 i had trouble with the stutter problem....i have all the blu ray titles and those were the only 2 with stutter or dropped frames or what ever you want to call it....and theres not much difference between the DTS or the DD sound tracks on these 2 movies...so it really dosnt bother me at all....the same goes for HDDVD....i had trouble with sound dropping out and going out of sink on U-571...it was just the opposite,i changed from DTS on that movie and went to DD and it played fine...

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Terry,
WoW
You would say Blu & HD DVD has the same PQ?
Your a lucky 1 having 2 HD formats!
You must be in HD heaven, right now!
I do not believe "anyone" would argue about BB & CC ability, or lack there of, to setup a demo properly. Just I have not seen a review of any Blu title, that a reviewer has placed next to TD, PotO, BS, or the title you mentioned U-571.
Have you seen a professional review that puts any Blu next to the top titles from HD dVD?
Thanks & enjoy!!!

Here's a link, to all the Blu title reviews, on the GREAT DVDBasen;
http://www.dvd-basen.dk/uk/home.php3...land=%25&ok=go

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps DTS didn't think these HD things thru, Dolby (both regular, Plus and TrueHD) seem to have things ready and "in sync" :)

Terry-A

Agent
Real Name
Terry Anderson

i'm sorry but i dont listen to any couch monkey's review...i make my own assessment of the movie myself....for one thing there watching it on there tv and there set up...NOT MINE....audio and video quality differ on any different hook up....the chances of you having the same hook up as this so called professional is 1 million to one....as for the review of a movies content it's probably 1 trillion to 1 if he likes the same things i like in a movie...i can find in any crappy movie something that made the viewing worth while...and as for PQ in both formats its unfair to call that right now because we need more titles for blu ray...HDDVD still has more to watch....but as far as i can say ((((ON MY TV ON MY SETUP)))) yes PQ is about the same on blu ray as on HDDVD....and audio is the same also....i might go for the pioneer elite blu ray when it comes out though because im partial to pioneer elite products....

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy

I haven't had any problems with DTS on the several Universal titles that employ it. Every Lionsgate title, except The Punisher which I don't have, has been affected. T2 seemed the most affected in number of judder incidents. It playe purr-fectly in DD a few nights ago.

Is DTS an afterthought or marketing tool?

Terry-A

Agent
Real Name
Terry Anderson

i had no problems with T2 in either the DTS or DD mode...i watched it in both modes yesterday and didnt see any jitter or stutter....the punisher was the one that gave me the real trouble....saw stuttered a little but was really annoying to me......the only title on HD-DVD that had drop outs in audio and the sound went out of sync was U-571....that was after i loaded the new firmware...i had no problems with the XA1 before that...so i think all this is related to firmware and not the player itself...

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Any idea if there's a Blu-ray, either R1 or Region free that has a lossless track? I dig this film but frankly the DD track on the blu-ray is horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks