What's new

BLADE RUNNER - current DVD now officially DISCONTINUED. Could this be good news? (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
I realise there is a Blade Runner thread but I thought this was worthy of it's own subject just so people can see it, if it gets murged later then people can at least discuss it in that thread.

From what I've seen in the past, an announcement of a new Special Edition usually follows a month or 2 after the original is discontinued.

AlexCremers

Second Unit
It's rumored to be a better quality version of the so-called 'Director's Cut', plus a docu as special feature. Not really a reason to pop the cork, I'd say.

Jake Yenor

Stunt Coordinator
It could still take a while. Bond was discontinued in 2003 and we aren't supposed to get a new release till 3 years after it was discontinued. It's good news but I wouldnt get excited just yet.

Real Name
Anthony
No offence Johnny but we've been through all this on the main thread. The DVDs been discontinued for nearly a year now, according to some sources. The date rumoured now is 2007 for a special edition of the Director's Cut only ; the source is Ridley Scott himself.

Sorry but I just don't think I can bear having TWO threads reappearing and feeling that faint golden-ticket excitement when they do, and opening it only to find . . . disappointment.

I respectfully suggest we kill this thread now.:frowning:

Jo_C

Second Unit
I can just see the administrator's comments..."the thread is pronounced closed".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks