What's new

Pre-Order BlacKkKlansman (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
212208_front.jpg

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Read many unbelievably positive reviews about this film. Supposed to be Spike's very best film! Looking forward to seeing this.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Again with the $40 pre order prices, these guys can go pound sand. BkkK is one of the best movies I have ever seen but even for that I am not gonna spend $40, especially knowing that I'll order it via Vudu Disk + Digital if that price is right when available.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
especially knowing that I'll order it via Vudu Disk + Digital if that price is right when available.

Be aware when using this program that if something is wrong with your order -- such as an incorrect item shipped or damaged product -- Vudu has absolutely no mechanism in place to resolve the issue. I ordered three seasons of Game of Thrones through this program when Vudu had them on sale, and for one of the orders I received a DVD set instead of Blu-rays. After finally getitng Vudu to reply to my issue, I was sent to Walmart.com's telephone support, who then sent me back to Vudu's telephone support. That person couldn't help me, but said he would escalate the issue. I never heard back from anyone, and instead called my credit card company to get a refund. The sealed DVD package is going up on eBay.

An item will have to be offered at a hell of a low price for me to ever use Vudu's Disk + Digital program again. How can they sell a product and have no way to resolve a problem that occurred on their end? That's inconceivable to me in today's eCommerce marketplace.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Read many unbelievably positive reviews about this film. Supposed to be Spike's very best film! Looking forward to seeing this.

Anyone who claims this is better than "Do the Right Thing" shouldn't be taken seriously.

It's not even in Lee's top 5. It's reasonably entertaining but not a movie I think is especially good - it's more an idea for a movie than an actual fleshed-out narrative...

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I liked it a lot. But while based on a true story, Lee has taken a lot of dramatic license with the facts so I hope people don't literally take the film as entirely factual. While the core of the film's story is factual, Adam Driver's Jewishness which is an important factor in the film was a creation of the screenwriters. The real life character was not Jewish. The black activist who is romanced by John David Washington is a fabrication. She didn't exist. Also the "sting" at the film's end has the audience cheering. Only it never happened. There are also several scenes which are just awful (not to mention some of the acting) but I'll leave it at that. Do The Right Thing is a near masterpiece. Blackkklansman is simply a very good movie.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I liked it a lot. But while based on a true story, Lee has taken a lot of dramatic license with the facts so I hope people don't literally take the film as entirely factual. While the core of the film's story is factual, Adam Driver's Jewishness which is an important factor in the film was a creation of the screenwriters. The real life character was not Jewish. The black activist who is romanced by John David Washington is a fabrication. She didn't exist. Also the "sting" at the film's end has the audience cheering. Only it never happened. There are also several scenes which are just awful (not to mention some of the acting) but I'll leave it at that. Do The Right Thing is a near masterpiece. Blackkklansman is simply a very good movie.

Has anyone heard Lee explain why he moved the story to 1972? The actual "Klan infiltration" was in 1979.

I'm guessing it's because he wanted to involve the "Black Power" storyline and that worked less well in 1979.

From what I read, I think the Kwame Ture speech was actually 1972 - or thereabouts - but most of the events were in the late 70s...

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Again with the $40 pre order prices, these guys can go pound sand. BkkK is one of the best movies I have ever seen but even for that I am not gonna spend $40, especially knowing that I'll order it via Vudu Disk + Digital if that price is right when available.

An obvious example of how the studios are roughly nudging us in the direction of streaming and digital copies, neither of which is guaranteed to stick around indefinitely. Lower cost for them, lesser quality for us, and total control over day-to-day availability. How do consumers win with that, I wonder.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
An obvious example of how the studios are roughly nudging us in the direction of streaming and digital copies, neither of which is guaranteed to stick around indefinitely. Lower cost for them, lesser quality for us, and total control over day-to-day availability. How do consumers win with that, I wonder.
I stream 3-4 movies every week and I feel like I'm winning every time I do it.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone heard Lee explain why he moved the story to 1972? The actual "Klan infiltration" was in 1979.

I'm guessing it's because he wanted to involve the "Black Power" storyline and that worked less well in 1979.

From what I read, I think the Kwame Ture speech was actually 1972 - or thereabouts - but most of the events were in the late 70s...

I think Lee "bended" the facts to conform to things he felt he had to say. I never go to the movies for history. Hell, even so called "documentaries" often manipulate the facts to conform to the film maker's agenda. That's why it bugs me to no end when someone quotes an historical inaccuracy and says it happened because they saw it in the movies. That's why I much prefer seeing "inspired by a true story" at the beginning of a film rather than "based on a true story."

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I think Lee "bended" the facts to conform to things he felt he had to say. I never go to the movies for history. Hell, even so called "documentaries" often manipulate the facts to conform to the film maker's agenda. That's why it bugs me to no end when someone quotes an historical inaccuracy and says it happened because they saw it in the movies. That's why I much prefer seeing "inspired by a true story" at the beginning of a film rather than "based on a true story."
Such movies usually inspire me to read up more on the subject matter so I know the full story. Anyhow, I'm off to the cinema to see this film.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

I've got a library of 550+ digital films, it's full of win.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Such movies usually inspire me to read up more on the subject matter so I know the full story. Anyhow, I'm off to the cinema to see this film.

Ron Stallworth's Black Klansman: Race, Hate And The Undercover Investigation Of A Lifetime is readily available in both hardcover and paperback from Amazon for those interested in the real story.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks