What's new

Press Release WHV Press Release: In The Heights (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

A surefire Oscar contender that lights up the screen with the immigrant experience of the American Dream.”
-Peter Travers, ABC News

In the Heights
COMES HOME TO
WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT

INTHEHEIGHTS_WW_FINALSKEW_2D_4KDMOSLV_1000750789_9aa3a0c8.JPEG

Premium Digital Ownership

debut early on July 30

4K, Blu-ray and DVD arrive on August 31

Burbank, CA, July 13 – Experience the cinematic event, where the streets are made of music and little dreams become big, when “In the Heights” arrives for Premium Digital Ownership at home on July 30. The film is directed by Jon M. Chu (“Crazy Rich Asians”) and fuses Lin-Manuel Miranda’s (Broadway’s “Hamilton”) kinetic music and lyrics, starring Anthony Ramos (“A Star is Born,” Broadway’s “Hamilton”) and Corey Hawkins (“Straight Outta Compton,” “BlacKkKlansman”). The film will also be available on 4K, Blu-ray and DVD beginning on August 31.

The film was produced by Miranda, Quiara Alegría Hudes, Scott Sanders, Anthony Bregman and Mara Jacobs. The film also stars singer/songwriter Leslie Grace, Melissa Barrera (TV’s “Vida”), Olga Merediz (Broadway’s “In the Heights”), Daphne Rubin-Vega (Broadway’s “Rent”), Gregory Diaz IV (Broadway’s “Matilda the Musical”), Stephanie Beatriz (TV’s “Brooklyn Nine-Nine”), Dascha Polanco (TV’s “Orange is the New Black”) and Jimmy Smits (the “Star Wars” films).

• On July 30, “In the Heights” will be available for early Premium Digital Ownership at home for $24.99 and for 48-hour rental via PVOD for $19.99 SRP on participating digital platforms where you purchase movies.

• On August 31 “In the Heights” will be available on 4K, Blu-ray and DVD. “In the Heights” will also continue to be available to own in high definition and standard definition from participating digital retailers.

In the Heights” will also be available on Movies Anywhere. Using the free Movies Anywhere app and website, consumers can access all their eligible movies by connecting their Movies Anywhere account with their participating digital retailer accounts.

SYNOPSIS

Lights up on Washington Heights...The scent of a cafecito caliente hangs in the air just outside of the 181st Street subway stop, where a kaleidoscope of dreams rallies this vibrant and tight-knit community. At the intersection of it all is the likeable, magnetic bodega owner Usnavi (Anthony Ramos), who saves every penny from his daily grind as he hopes, imagines and sings about a better life.

4K, BLU-RAY & DVD ELEMENTS

“In the Heights” 4K UHD combo pack and Blu-ray contain the following special features:

• Paciencia y Fe: Making in the Heights
  • Paciencia y Fe: When You’re Home
  • Paciencia y Fe: Hundreds of Stories
  • Paciencia y Fe: Alza La Bandera/Raise the Flag
  • Paciencia y Fe: Wepa!
  • Paciencia y Fe: That Music in the Air
  • Paciencia y Fe: Who Keeps our Legacies
  • In the Heights Sing-a-long
  • 96,000 Sing-a-long

“In the Heights” DVD contains the following special features:
  • Paciencia y Fe: Alza La Bandera/Raise the Flag

BASICS

PRODUCT SRP

4K UHD Combo Pack $44.98
Blu-ray $34.98
DVD $29.98

Digital Ownership: July 30, 2021
PVOD: July 30, 2021
4K, Blu-ray and DVD Street Date: August 31, 2021

DVD Languages: English, English-ADS, Latin Spanish, Parisian French, Brazilian Portuguese
BD Languages: English, English-ADS, English ATMOS, Latin Spanish, Castilian Spanish, Parisian French, Brazilian Portuguese, German, German-ADS, Italian
4K Languages: English, English-ADS, English ATMOS, Latin Spanish, Castilian Spanish, Parisian French, Italian, Japanese
DVD Subtitles: English SDH, Latin Spanish, Parisian French, Brazilian Portuguese, Cantonese, Complex Chinese, Korean
BD Subtitles: English SDH, Latin Spanish, Parisian French, Brazilian Portuguese, Castilian Spanish, Italian, Italian-SDH, German, German-SDH, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish
4K Subtitles: English SDH, Latin Spanish, Parisian French, Castilian Spanish, Norwegian, Swedish, Finish, Danish, Korean, Cantonese, Complex Chinese Italian, Italian SDH, Japanese
Running Time: 143 minutes
Rating: Rated PG-13 for some language and suggestive references.
DVD: DLBY/DGTL
Blu-ray: ATMOS TrueHD, DLBY/DGTL
4K: ATMOS TrueHD, DLBY/DGTL
THE CREDITS
About “In the Heights”
“In the Heights” is directed by Jon M. Chu (“Crazy Rich Asians”) and produced by Lin-Manuel Miranda, Quiara Alegría Hudes, Scott Sanders, Anthony Bregman and Mara Jacobs.

The ensemble stars Anthony Ramos (“A Star is Born,” Broadway’s “Hamilton”), Corey Hawkins (“Straight Outta Compton,” “BlacKkKlansman”), singer/songwriter Leslie Grace, Melissa Barrera (TV’s “Vida”), Olga Merediz (Broadway’s “In the Heights”), Daphne Rubin-Vega (Broadway’s “Rent”), Gregory Diaz IV (Broadway’s “Matilda the Musical”), Stephanie Beatriz (TV’s “Brooklyn Nine-Nine”), Dascha Polanco (TV’s “Orange is the New Black”) and Jimmy Smits (the “Star Wars” films).

Chu directed from a screenplay by Quiara Alegría Hudes, based on the musical stage play, music and lyrics by Lin-Manuel Miranda, book by Quiara Alegría Hudes and concept by Miranda. Alex Lacamoire and Bill Sherman served as executive music producers.

Warner Bros. Pictures presents a 5000 Broadway / Barrio Grrrl! / Likely Story / SGS Pictures Production, A Jon M. Chu Film, “In the Heights.”

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Scott Jentsch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
It's in 640 theaters today, and drops to 450 on Thursday, going down to 122 on Friday (likely more will come in later today and beyond).

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Of course I am going to get the disc as soon as possible. I love the movie, so I would buy a completely barebones disc of it.

That being said, it's too bad there isn't going to be a commentary tack. I know Jon M. Chu did one for Crazy Rich Asians so was hoping there would be one for this as well.

HBO Max had a couple of those featurettes up when the movie was on there. The ones I saw were good but very brief.

This would also have been a great opportunity to release the PBS documentary about the original Broadway production as a bonus feature. I'm not terribly surprised they're not doing that, but I would have welcomed its inclusion.

Was this ever in theatres?
Don't take this as an attack or anything because I don't intend it to be one. But did you not see any promotion for it on TV or anything? That seems to be the case based on your question.

I find it interesting that you didn't know it had a theatrical release. I am the exact target audience for this because I love the show and am part of the core fan base. So I knew about it. But I also felt like I saw promotion for it before the film came out. WB had high expectations for this and they didn't get the result they wanted. But if you didn't know that the movie was coming out, it feels like WB didn't do the job completely effectively because it was certainly WB's intention to make people aware when the movie came out that it was available in theaters. So if you didn't, that might be an area of concern for WB to work on in future with other films.

I felt like I saw a lot for it, but again, I'm very plugged into it. So I can't say for certain how it would be if I wasn't.

Last edited:

dukiejosh54

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Josh
Such an amazing movie. watched it on HBO Max in 4k and it looked amazing. I can only imagine how much better it will look and sound on a 4K disc.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'll definitely be adding it to my collection. I did not see it in the theater though I did know it was playing. I was super busy with reviewing and having dental work done (postponed for over a year due to the pandemic) when it was first released.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Someday when they write the history of the movie musical, this one will be considered a great film in the genre's latter period.

I won't hesitate to add this disc to my collection (if I did, my wife would clobber me).

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
is the cross next to digital code mean it's limited time only?

i dont remember WB blu-rays having this same issue, but for 4k releases WB is stripping out digital codes after the limited time code is gone. see prime example of Nolan's The Dark Knight trilogy. i remembered getting blu-ray years/decades afterwards and digital codes neve expire.

are ya'll not angry with this? none of the other studios afaik are doing this!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
is the cross next to digital code mean it's limited time only?

i dont remember WB blu-rays having this same issue, but for 4k releases WB is stripping out digital codes after the limited time code is gone. see prime example of Nolan's The Dark Knight trilogy. i remembered getting blu-ray years/decades afterwards and digital codes neve expire.

are ya'll not angry with this? none of the other studios afaik are doing this!
Yes, it stands for limited time. I've seen it on some Universal 4K releases too, but without the expiration date.

1626285036701.png

1626285231350.png

1626285416426.png

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I could be very wrong, but I know at least some digital codes in the past have expired on me without being redeemed. They’ve always had an expiration date where the terms said they may not be good after X date.

Again, could be very wrong. I no longer have any physical discs to check.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
I could be very wrong, but I know at least some digital codes in the past have expired on me without being redeemed. They’ve always had an expiration date where the terms said they may not be good after X date.

That's true many of them did have an expiration date on the digital code card.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
at Jason, the codes never expire. i generally purchase used, almost never new and have purchased UV/old school 2010 codes and they all work today in 2021. the expiration date is a "soft limit"

as far as i know this is a *NEW* practice starting with 4k discs and after HBO streaming platform debuted. blurays from 2010s that have codes from WB never expires and pressed batches still include codes unless the sku specifically says NO CODE.

which universal releases have code issues, i haven't seen that yet myself and just purchased a big batch of universal titles.

Yes, it stands for limited time. I've seen it on some Universal 4K releases too, but without the expiration date.

View attachment 103851

View attachment 103854

View attachment 103857

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
I already posted "The Sting" with the cross. Here is "Psycho".

Edit: After viewing with a magnifying glass those are asterisks next to the Digital Code on Universal releases.

1626285868552.png

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Jason, the codes never expire. i generally purchase used, almost never new and have purchased UV/old school 2010 codes and they all work today in 2021. the expiration date is a "soft limit"
Soft limit, okay. But they always had a date on them where they made not be valid after X date. They still may be valid after that date, but don’t always count on that. That’s my only point.

And thank you, Robert. I knew I wasn’t going insane. :)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
the point isn't the expiration... the point is that new printings of disc physical media releases *NO LONGER INCLUDES* the slip in the first place. that's the shocking part, they used to add "expire" all the time... but it would work decades afterwards.

the STRIPPING OUT of the card is a process that is news to me. i haven't ever remembered that with older blu-ray releases even after multiple repressing from mfr plants they have always included codes it is almost a must.

it always worked for me, haven't encountered any that hasn't.
By the way, I have a stack of old digital code cards with an expiration date noted on each card.

Soft limit, okay. But they always had a date on them where they made not be valid after X date. They still may be valid after that date, but don’t always count on that. That’s my only point.

And thank you, Robert. I knew I wasn’t going insane. :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
the point isn't the expiration... the point is that new printings of disc physical media releases *NO LONGER INCLUDES* the slip in the first place. that's the shocking part, they used to add "expire" all the time... but it would work decades afterwards.

the STRIPPING OUT of the card is a process that is news to me. i haven't ever remembered that with older blu-ray releases even after multiple repressing from mfr plants they have always included codes it is almost a must.

it always worked for me, haven't encountered any that hasn't.
Now, I'm confused by what you're talking about as how do you know there isn't a digital card?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quirkyorc
Recent bookmarks