What's new

Biwire Question (1 Viewer)

sarvic

Auditioning
I'm looking into getting Biwire speaker cables for my center channel but I was wondering if I should go ahead and get biwires for my fronts as well or do you think that biwiring the center channel will be good enough.
Thank you!

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
biwiring will essentially increase the effective gauge of the wire you're currently using. if you're looking for a tangible audible benefit, you won't get it this way.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Sarvic

The benifits or not of bi-wiring speakers has been argued to death on the forums. The pro side, the con side, no pun intended. It's a subject that allot have strong feelings one way or another, seems to be not allot of middle grond on the subject..

Links to writtings on the subject of proper bi-wiring and bi-amping abound along with peoples personal thoughts, experiences, and even speaker tests on the subject.

A search here HTF and at Google on the subject, should bring forth lots to read and you can then make your own mind up to go forth or not.
Will it make a difference, I don't know as "only you" can make that decesion in the end if you were to proceed with it.

Chu's point, I do agree. It dose (effectivly=larger gauge wire) that definitly is true and doubt most would argue that point.

Cheers
Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks