What's new

Bewitched Season 7 (2 Viewers)

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I asked Mark Simpson about the original opening credits and this was what he told me:

Methinks something is rotten in the state of Sony because why would they be able to use the introduction and closing with the Oscar Meyer logo and not the opening credits? And how was Paramount able to release the Beverly Hillbillies with their sponsor credits? Do they have a better legal team? Frankly, I think it's because Sony's legal team is lazy, and that's all there is too it. What company wouldn't want to have their name attached to such a product as BW even if now?!

I also think that the intro/closing will be added to the cleaned up episode just like the sponsor credits and commercials were added on to the Beverly Hillbillies still filled with scratches...or it could be that it's taken so long for S.7's release because they were remastering it, which is what I hope!

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jude Cormier
This doesn't surprise me one bit. Sony has always been lazy with regards to fully restoring anything resembling Bewitched in its original glory, including the beautiful season two and three theme songs. Too bad a company like Shout!, MPI or Arts Alliance America didn't have Bewitched to handle. AAA did a great job on The Donna Reed Show, Season 1.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Here is the Oscar Mayer opening credits including the "Stay tuned for BW, next in culluh" intro by EM, which sadly WON'T be on the DVDs:frowning:

But I gotta say my inner-10-year-old boy was giggling at this sponsor opening LOL

Zang628

Grip
Real Name
Jon
what do you guys think of the cover art?

I think that it is ok, but I don't understand why it is blue. This will be the third season that is blue. Why don't they go with a color that they have not used before, like orange or yellow. What do you guys think of it? Me personally, I wish they would keep the cover art but change the color to it, I do like the pictures though.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
All though I do LOVE this color blue, I agree that the color should've been orange or yellow to coincide with the color scheme change of the set.

I also think that the majority of pictures should've been from the Salem episodes ...the one of Endora fits that bill but the rest don't. Who knows? Maybe it will change between now and then.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Regarding the cover: I don't care for the big yellow moon crest. I like the color of the moon on the seasons 1-4 covers. It wasn't yellow. It was a lighter shade than the background. Then, beginning on the season 5 set, they colored the moon bright yellow. It's just too bright and sticks out like a sore thumb, but that's just nitpicking. I'm glad they're coming out at all.

Now that we're getting close to finishing the series, I wonder what the complete box set will look like? I hoping they do a box shaped like the Stephens house at 1164 Morning Glory Circle. That would be really cool! Maybe have the roof lift off to reveal the dvds.

Tanisha85

Auditioning
Real Name
Tanisha
Thanks a million david for the art cover i'm so excited for this season as this season is my favourite I LOVE IT... cant wait for 3rd feb

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

I liked that they switched it up to the yellow moon. Seemed more magical!

I like that idea of the DVDs being housed in 1164...that's fun!!

But I also think they should totally copy what was done for "Charmed" and put them in a big spell book with pictures and all.

I will say that I've learned a big lesson since IDOJ Complete Series was released and let me share that with you. I wasn't going to buy the Complete Series set because there wasn't anything new aside from the trivia cards and the fact that it is housed in the bottle. But I kept thinking about how cool it would be to have that bottle so I decided to sell back my individual season sets (but I kept the black and white first season) to FYE. For all five seasons I got $36.00. I thought that was all right considering I believed I could buy the Complete Series for $109.00 at Target, so I essentially just had to pay 2/3 the price. Well, the set, the only one left was $149.00!!!! I bought it anyway because I knew I'd just have to rebuy the season sets.

All though it is very cool in person and I do like the trivia cards more than I thought I would, I don't like that the case is very awkward to store on a shelf. It's very tall and to get just one DVD out you have to take all of them out and search for it not knowing which episode is on what disc as there is no episode guide but for the episode descriptions given on the back of the cards.

Having said all that, where BW is concerned, the only way I will purchase the Complete Series set (which is inevitable) is if it has extras not before released on DVD. Other than that, there really is no point.

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor

I am wondering if part of the blame can go to the sponsor. I can easily imagine a situation where the sponsor would want money to use their logo from a BIG label like Sony but might let a smaller label use it for less. Since they don't anticipate much advertising value from vintage promos they wouldn't see it as advertising (though I think that's a mistake).

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I just hope that Sony releases season 8 next year as well. I'd really like to have this series completed next year and not have to wait another year for the final season.

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jude Cormier

I have a hard time imagining why a sponsor would object to free advertising...the cigarette openings for Lucy and others I can understand due to the ban of cigarette ads, but at least Paramount included these openings as extras (with season 6 offering the option to actually see them start each episode). Sony could at least do the same and if they do this as part of the complete series set, I will be so pissed.

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau

Indeed, dear David, this situation looks familiar... I better wait before falling into alcoholism like the poor guy in the Salem saga! ;)

By the way, let me introduce you all my new version of the Bewitched opening title with a stereo theme, stereo sound effects and widescreen! (new You Tube gadget).

Unfortunately, this embedded clip can't play in stereo but with this link, you'll reach the stereo version:

YouTube - Bewitched stereo

Please, enjoy!

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jude Cormier
Martin, once again, Bravo!! you are so talented!!! If you ever fiddled with the seasons 2 and 3 theme openings, let me know--I sure would love to see you lovingly restore those! you put Sony to shame!!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau
Hey Jude! You're so kind! Doing this is a lot of work, and a lot of time. I sometimes consider myself crazy for doing this...;) It's always a great feeling when you find other passionate people that share the same passions. Thank you for your appreciation of my work. :emoji_thumbsup:

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau
Bewitched fans from France will get the blue box set, just like in North America.

Chances are I will be forced to buy this edition only because there is no clue if the Canadian edition will have a French dub on the discs. I have a bad feeling, shared with all the french fans in Canada that I encounter on many french forums, that SONY is letting us down, once more.

Among the past six seasons, Canadian DVD editions only got two seasons with French dub. (season 1 and season 6) :frowning:

The French Edition is due February 4th.

Ma sorcière bien aimee - intégrale saison 7 - XX DVD: Elizabeth Montgomery, Dick York, Agnes Moorehead: Amazon.fr

Ryan.G

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan
do any1 knows when bewitched season 7 releasing in UK ....plz let me know ...Thank u very much

Ryan.G

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan

Thanks very much ...too sad tht we have to wait long for bewitched season 7in UK as they dont have any info abt its release.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
You're welcome. I discovered that site a few years back and I'm always checking that site periodically ... comes in handy sometimes. They list movie DVD's and TV Show DVD's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks