What's new

Bewitched Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
David, I bet they don't release any extras until they release the entire BW Boxset... reason being they want us to buy them individually and as an entire set... so I bet they will include tons of Xtras in the BW Boxset in 2010.... Remember Erin Murphy said she did a tour of the ranch? I bet that will be in our Boxset... :frowning: So I guess we will see... I am not getting my hopes high, but I am keeping my fingers crossed

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray

You should remember that the Beverly Hillbillies has been mired in Public Domain hell for decades. Paramount has little choice but to load up the box with any and all the bonus extras it can find in order to send a message to consumers that it's not just another repackaging of the same old stuff, especially since a good chunk of the season is indeed part of that PD group of episodes.

Yes, it would be nice if all old shows were loaded with these kinds of extras. But just be grateful they are coming out in complete episodes looking and sounding better than they did on first release.

My favorite "wishcraft" extra? From late season two, there was a cartoon commercial sung to the turn of "Rockabye Baby" off-screen by Baby Tabitha which ran something like this:

My name is Tabitha.
I was just born.
Into a family that's not quite the norm.
My mommy does witchcraft.
My daddy does not.
(that's all I can remember from 1966 -- other than the talking baby voiceover advising viewers to tune in and watch "my mommy and daddy and my funny grandmother Endora" in Bewitched.

I'm also currently in early season three. It's good to have Kasey Rogers on board as the definitive Louise and Aunt Clara is as funny as ever, but I sure miss the wonderful Alice Pearce. Much as I love Sandra Gould, she could not replace Alice. Her Gladys Kravitz was so different, she should have been written in as a new character.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

I'm going to try and be hopeful but if they go the same route they have with the IDOJ Complete Series that is being released in November, we'll just get all the discs we've all ready bought, in a new package:frowning:

And as far as I know that ranch tour Erin did was for the Complete Series set that was released in Japan. But maybe Sony US will just copy what Sony Japan did.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Today I received a copy of the second edition of Peter Alachi's "Salem's Summer of Sam: On the Trail of Bewitched in Salem, 1970" 40 page booklet. It is fantastic!! There are RARE photos, most from the press, but some from local Salem residents who were there to watch the filming of the Salem episodes plus tons of information about what happened during filming. It's a very informative read and I highly suggest you order one. Peter only published about 60 copies, I believe. You can contact him through his website at Bewitched in Salem!.

ryan1993

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan Johnson
seriously Sony need to get on the ball maybe the reason it is taking so long is because they are puttung extra's on I doubt it though!!

Zang628

Grip
Real Name
Jon
Man, still no word yet on the seventh season of Bewitched. I'm waiting patiently but I am really starting to get anxious. I'm also wonder exactly when in February it is coming out and what the cover art is going to look like.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I'm getting anxious too but I'm sure we won't hear or see anything about it until November as it seems with the previous releases it was about three months before hand that we received official word.

ryan1993

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan Johnson
All I can say is Sony sucks big time I just am really getting mad waiting for it to come out!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry:

Zang628

Grip
Real Name
Jon
Well, at least that is something! I'm really glad that they got some information about the seventh season. It's not an exact release date or cover art but at least it is something!

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jude Cormier
Can't wait for season 7 and the Salem episodes! Season 7 was a fun season indeed!!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the announcement, Dave. Hopefully, Sony will rush and hurry and get Season 8 released before the summer sets in.

ryan1993

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan Johnson
hey maybe we'll get openers in this season(doubtful but maybe) watch they'll make us wait till the complete series and cheat us typical of Sony :frowning: :angry:

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
It seems like we will here something soon because season 6 came out in the UK in March, unless they release region 1 first this time... I am anxious to see the cover which i hope is orange or yellow... and this season only has 28 episodes... season 8 has 26 and season 9 would have had 26 too according to the contract, but Liz decided not to come back for the 9th season... but I feel we will hear something in the next few weeks on Season 7
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Zang628

Grip
Real Name
Jon
David*P, I remember back in Season 5 you posted an alternative cover art for the fifth season. How did you get that information and do you have any for season 7. I know you probably don't because you would have posted it but I was just wondering if you had any more information on season 7? Thanks!

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I can't recall now where I got that information from, but you're right...iff'n I do hear something I'll definitely post it here.

Zang628

Grip
Real Name
Jon
Ok, now that it is November, we should be hearing some official news on Bewitched Season 7! tvshowsondvd.com usually releases the official release date and cover art information for shows 3 months before the actual date. So since February is the rumored month and sony has said it should be out early 2009, November would be that month they release the official info. So, we should be hearing something official very very SOON!!!!!!

Ok, now that it is November, we should be hearing some official news on Bewitched Season 7! tvshowsondvd.com usually releases the official release date and cover art information for shows 3 months before the actual date. So since February is the rumored month and sony has said it should be out early 2009, November would be that month they release the official info. So, we should be hearing something official very very SOON!!!!!!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Nope, you got roughly another month to wait. Sony JUST got the January 2009 slate to retailers, and some of my friends among those passed it along to me today. The only primetime-style TV-DVD release on the slate is the already-knew-about-it 'Til Death - Season 2 (as for "non-primetime", there's also a Berenstein Bears release, for instance).

So it will be around Thanksgiving-ish or just after before we get the February slate. And frankly, we already know about one title that month (Breaking Bad - Season 1), so I'm not truly convinced that we'll see anything that we don't already know about, until maybe March or later.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Darn it all!! But thanks for the info/update, Dave.

I keep thinking about S.7 and I just hope that there is at least one extra on this set! There are too many extras to be had not to! What with "Sisters at Heart", "Samantha's Old Man" and the Salem episodes...

Speaking of Salem, Mark Simpson aka The BW Collector and facilitator of the BW Fanfare/Convention, just announced the tentative plans for the Fanfare 2009 in Salem, MA!! Here is the verbiage from the PDF flyer he sent out (the stuff in brackets is commentary from me):

ANNOUNCING
BEWITCHED
FanFare 2009
"Salem, Here We Come!"
A Salute to Season 7
Tentative Dates: July 11-15, 2009 (subject to change)
Salem, Massachusetts is again the setting for "Bewitched Fan Fare 2009", and this event
promises to be the best yet!!

With a more interactive itinerary for attendees in mind, segments are scheduled to include:
• Season 7 Overview
• Updated Presentation by Peter Alachi on the Cast and Crew in Salem
• Another Round of Our Game Show 'The Twitch is Right" ['witch' is where I won a replica of the heart necklace and the Ideal Samantha doll in a replica box]
• Special Coverage of the "Sisters at Heart" Episode
as well as:
Episode Screenings, Silent Auctions, Flying Suit Contest
and:
• The Sights of Salem [including the Samantha statue]
• A Visit to Gloucester and the Fisherman's Memorial
• Tour of Hammond Castle [this is where they filmed the scenes of Serena and the Fisherman in the gardens where the gardener caught them making out]
• Dinner at The Gloucester House Restaurant
plus:
The Second Annual "Appreciation Award" [the first was given to William Asher this year]
AND LOTS, LOTS, MORE!!!!

Details coming soon on your chance to become an OFFICIAL "Bewitched Fan Fare" Member, which will provide special benefits, and the privilege to cast a vote for the annual Appreciation Award recipient.

More information on "Bewitched Fan Fare 2009: Salem, Here We Come" will be coming over the next few months. Please pass the word on next year's event!!!
Contact Mark at [email protected]

Having attended every BW convention that has been, and especially this past summer's, as well as the first one that was held in Salem in 2006, I can tell you this will be a TON of fun!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks