What's new

Bewitched Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Zang628

Grip
Real Name
Jon
GREAT NEWS!!!!

According to videoeta.com Bewitched Season 7 will be out February 3rd, 2009! They were right about season 5 and 6, so I am sure they are right about this one too! So it looks like we are just waiting for Sony to release the Cover art! 2/3/09 couldn't get here sooner! Here's the link:

Bewitched: The Complete Seventh Season (2009)

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
This is so cool
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Oh, that IS great news!! VideoETA has always been correct when posting dates!

Man, I can't WAIT for Season 7!!!

Gregory V

Stunt Coordinator
I agree about the two Mrs. Kravitzes....Alice Pearce's rendition of the character was much more sympathetic...you actually felt sorry for her. Sandra Gould's version was somehow meaner, still funny, but not as likable.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
It looks like we are going to get Season 7 this February!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Now Hurry up with Season 8! :D

Zang628

Grip
Real Name
Jon
Yeah, I can't wait for February 3rd! I'm really looking forward to it. Season 7 is my favorite Dick Sargent season. Can't wait!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

P.S. I'm the one who tipped our boys at TVShowsondvd off! Good stuff!

Tanisha85

Auditioning
Real Name
Tanisha
Thanks a lot Zang628 for this gr88888 news.... I can hardly wait for Season 7 to be out ...thts my favourite season

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Not that we needed any more ammo for excitement for this release other than having those precious episodes released but Mark Simpson aka The Bewitched Collector www.thebewitchedcollector.com posted on his site that this release WILL include a special feature, though right now he is not at liberty to say what, though he does say to think "Sisters at Heart"! Of course, we must wait for Sony to confirm this, but Mark gets his info from very reliable sources.

HOW AWESOME!!!! I can't wait for the Sony official announcement! And keep in mind that "Sisters at Heart" was EM's favorite episode, so that is special that what ever the extra feature is, it has something to do with that episode.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
That's great news!!!

I have no idea what the special feature is, but I'll go out on a limb and guess that the "Sisters at Heart" episode features commentary by Erin Murphy (Tabitha).

Or it could be a mini-documentary on the making of the episode with interviews with the students and teacher who helped write the episode, but I think that would be a lot of work to do that.

Another idea--and I hope its NOT this--would be to have the option of viewing the episode with those annoying pop-ups appearing throughout the episode with trivia about the episode.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
That's great news!!!

I have no idea what the special feature is, but I'll go out on a limb and guess that the "Sisters at Heart" episode features commentary by Erin Murphy (Tabitha).

Or it could be a mini-documentary on the making of the episode with interviews with the students and teacher who helped write the episode, but I think that would be a lot of work to do that.

Another idea--and I hope its NOT this--would be to have the option of viewing the episode with those annoying pop-ups appearing throughout the episode with trivia about the episode.

Of course, my absolute dream special features would be the ones David P suggested earlier in this thread:
• Emmy clip of “Sisters at Heart” receiving the Governor’s Award.
• EM’s RARE interview on the Mike Douglas show speaking about “Sisters at Heart”.

But please remember this is just speculation on my part and is in no way a confirmation of what the actual features will be.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
There is one more thing that is related to this episode that I forgot to include in my original posting and that is the EM introduction to this episode that nobody has been able to find the audio too...but w/o audio I can't think that they'd have it on the DVD.

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau

That's a good one, David!
Also, Sony has got to let us hear the original end theme from that episode, which was the "Jingle Bell" theme à la Bewitched! (If I remember well...)

Larry Tate

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Larry Tate
Actually Elizabeth Montgomery appeared on the Mike Douglas Show on
Nov.4th,1966, i watched it the other day on my DVD & thought how cool it was that Liz stayed not only for her 15 min. guest spot but for all 90 minutes.

She even did a dart board competition with Mike Douglas.

What you are thinking of is the Merv Griffin Talk Show appearance she did Christmas week 1970 to talk about Sisters at Heart.

I hope the extras on the Season 7 DVD set are vintage as in from the original run of the show & not something they threw together recently, although that would be ok too.

Any on the set inbetween takes film footage such as we saw from A Safe & Sane Halloween on the ET special or Bloopers would also make great extras for the set.

The original end theme from Sisters at Heart, which was the "Jingle Bell" theme à la Bewitched! was heard of course on the Screen Gems VHS tape they put out in the 1990's most of us have.

Larry Tate

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau
Oh no!!!!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

No word about French audio?

Season 6 had French audio available. And now, Sony is removing it?
Why is that? They really want to rain on my parade! :frowning:
I just can't believe that. I'm so disappointed. I really wasn't expecting that one...

I'll be forced again to buy that season in Europe, but I hate the 4% acceleration due to PAL system.
I'm relieved to have a confirmed date for this season, though.
Thank you Zang628 for bringing it here!

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I cannot even express how EXCITED I am over this news about the EM opening/closing to "Sisters at Heart"!!!!

Mark Simpson has the cover art posted over at this site at www.thebewitchedcollector.com along with the video clips of these openings and closings.

I just wonder if Sony will include the Oscar Meyer opening credits in this episode? I sure hope so!

And, Martin, I'm sorry that they don't have the French audio...but didn't it seem like in one of the past releases it was like that at first when announced and then later on it included it?

Anyway, WAY excited!!

And, Larry Tate, thank you for clarifying about the talk shows. I must've wrote my original write up late at night and got confused. I wish I could see both of them! I've edited my original list to reflect this.

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jude Cormier
Thanks David for the info on the cover art! I've let the folks know at Sitcoms Online that a sneak peek is ready

Zang628

Grip
Real Name
Jon
Thanks David for the cover art! I don't know how I feel about it yet though. It might have to grow on me. I was really hoping for either yellow or orange. I don't know if that is the officially one yet but I guess I will wait and see. But I really cant wait for February 3rd! And I am also very excited about the Introduction with Elizabeth Montgomery, I too hope they include the original credits!

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I hope the episode is remastered and the intros are just extras. I'll be very disappointed if they simply transferred an old 16MM print complete with the intros. I'd much rather have the ep looking good than the intros attached if it means a scratchy old print being used.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks