What's new

Bewitched Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Ditto for me, David! Jon, thanks for reminding us of David's BW contributions.

I'm early into the S3 set in my DVD-viewing. Anyone else that slow? :eek: I have too many other sets in progress to go through this show fast. Plus, I like to savor this one to get it to last longer.

David, I know I've asked this one before but I don't remember the info :rolleyes:When does Bernard Fox first appear as Dr Bombay?

I can't wait for "Sam" to start saying...."Calling Dr Bombay...Calling Dr Bombay....Emergency, Emergency...come right away" :laugh:

Zang628

Grip
Real Name
Jon
What color does everyone think the upcoming DVD's should be? I think that Season 7 should be Yellow and that Season 8 should be Orange. It's 2 colors that haven't been used yet and I think they would look good for those seasons. Anyone else have a preference?

Tanisha85

Auditioning
Real Name
Tanisha

Welcome to the forum zang ! I think for season 7 it might be orange for North America and light blue for Europe as they have not used this colour for the DVD cover yet....I just hope that they release the season 7 later this year as its one of the best season.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

I agree with those choices wholeheartedly. They exude the 70s time period that these seasons took place in.

I actually discussed this before right after the Third Season was released because it looked like Sony was following the color wheel as S.1 was Blue, S.2 was Purple, and S.3 was Red. Had they continued in that fashion I had imagined that S.4 would've been Orange, S.5 - Yellow, S.6 - Green and then for the last two seasons I imagined going to Brown for S.7 and Black/Gray tones for S.8. It would've looked cool on the DVD shelf.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

David,

Thanks again for the "Dr Bombay" info. I have a while before I get to the last episode. Yeah, I know...(so little time, so many DVD's to watch
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
) But the BW series is one that I always look forward to watching as a sitcom "chaser" after a drama, action, etc DVD episode.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I love that commercial! It puts to rest all the thoughts of EM not wanting to have anything to do with BW after it ended.

So, according to a reliable source, Season Seven is scheduled to be released on February 9! The only problem is that February 9 is a Monday so I've asked for the source to make sure they didn't mean the 10th. Anyway, I wish it were in time for Christmas, but I guess better later than never!

Ryan.G

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan

David thank you very much for this information and can you plz tell me release date of bewitched season 7 in U.K. as I live in U.K and bewitched season 6 release in U.K on 24th March 08 and in US it was release 2 months later so probably it may release in christmas in U.K

Zang628

Grip
Real Name
Jon
David*P, thank you very much! I really hope that your source is correct and that he did mean the 10th of February. I estimated that we would get it around mid March, so anytime before than would be great! Thank you sooo much David, I can't wait!!!

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
So it turns out that instead of meaning February the 9th, the source meant February of '09
So it could very well be the 10th.

I just wish it were sooner...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they put some sort of special feature on there that ISN'T a Mini-sode...the Seventh Season just screams for it whether it's about the Salem episodes or "Sisters at Heart".

I'm sorry, but I only have info about the US release:frowning:

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Thank you David... February isn't that far away it will be here before we know it... David do you know as to what kind of color they may be using with season 7? I am thinking orange or yellow... This is a great season
I am already excited!! Then maybe we will get season 8 by Decades end around Christmas 09

Zang628

Grip
Real Name
Jon
Jdcrackers, I agree! I am sooo excited for this season! I think Season Seven is Dick Sargent's best season. Also, I think that Season 7 should be yellow and the final season should be orange! I can't wait until February!

P.S. If it is coming out sometime in February we should hear some official new around late November!

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Hooray! This season features one of my most fave DS episodes: "Samantha's Old Man."

DARRIN: "Well, at least I still have my own teeth." :laugh:

SAMANTHA (as Grover's wife): "First he gets you to watch a little wrestling on television. Then he challenges you to match...on the sofa."

MILLICENT: Oh! Louise, take me home!

LOUISE: Degenerate!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I don't know what color, but I do hope it is one of the two you said...I'm leaning more toward orange as it's pretty much a Halloween-y season what with the trip to Salem and all.

Speaking of Halloween, there is a new BW greeting card put out by Hallmark that is available at Wal-mart. I just found one tonight.

It plays the theme song and inside the left panel is the cityscape and the right panel is orange with the cartoon Samantha standing, snapping her fingers and the words say "It's downright Bewitching!"

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Jeff Willis said:
Ditto for me, David! Jon, thanks for reminding us of David's BW contributions.

I'm early into the S3 set in my DVD-viewing. Anyone else that slow? :eek: I have too many other sets in progress to go through this show fast. Plus, I like to savor this one to get it to last longer.

Oh, easily...I'm mired in the early third season, too...but this is no surprise given my ginormous collection and only so much time to watch it all, especially now that I'm renting stuff from Netflix...plus video games and the Olympics have been a huge distraction these past two weeks...

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Thank you David, as I will be sure to buy several of those cards... they may be collectors items in the future
... And I agree orange would be a great color for Season 7... It's also a 1970s color as I believe the redid some of the house in that color since the kitchen burned in 1970... WOW, I am so psyched for this season ... I love season 8 too... But my favorites from Season 7 are the Salem episodes, Sam's old man, Sisters at Heart and the one with the pig head...

David do you know why the Kravitz's weren't brought back for Season 8?

Zang628

Grip
Real Name
Jon
Is anyone else kind of upset that sony can release the complete series of "I Dream of Jeanie" 4 months after the 5th season was released and it is taking them 9 to 10 months to come out with just one season of Bewitched? We have 2 more seasons to go and Jeanie is already coming out with the complete series set. I know that Jeanie had 3 seasons fewer than Bewitched did but still...

I really wish Sony would hurry up with releasing Bewitched like they did I Dream of Jeanie. If the eight season comes out in December of 2009, I really hope we see the complete series by April 2010. Actually, if I'm being honest, I would love to see Season 7 sometime in October and Season 8 sometime in February. But I know that's crazy!

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

That is a good question and I wish I knew the answer. I honestly don't know.

I would imagine it was simply a case of not writing them into the show. They made fewer and fewer episodes as time went on and maybe the writers felt that they had all ready done all they could do with them.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

I think that if we do indeed get S.7 in February more than likely we'll get S.8 at the latter part of next year with the Complete Series being released shortly thereafter, just like they are doing with IDOJ. It really has to do with the fact that IDOJ simply was shorter in the amount of Seasons because if BW had only Five Seasons we'd have been done for awhile now.

I've got a beef with Sony too now that I read what is going to be included on the Beverly Hillbillies S.2 set. Those fans are getting Original Sponsor Openings and Closings, a CBS promo commercial, Irene Ryan's screen test as Granny, clip from the CBS 1963 fall preview and a 1960's interview with the creator Paul Henning!! And what do we get? Mini-sodes! Are you kidding me??? With SOOOOO much available for BW it's inconceivable that they would release BW barebones like they have been doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks