What's new

Best RPTV for $3500? (1 Viewer)

Don S

Stunt Coordinator
I've been away from the forum for a while. But I always know where to come for help! My dad will be moving in a few months and wants a HDTV-ready widescreen RPTV. His budget is approximately $3500. It will be in a 14 x 16 room, with an approximately 12 foot viewing distance, so larger is better obviously.

I've done a few searches, but can't seem to get all the information I need in one spot.

He has a pretty nice audio setup (Pioneer Elite VSX-36TX receiver, NHT sub 2, NHT fronts and surrounds), and is looking for the best RPTV he can get for around this price. He will be purchasing a Prog Scan DVD player at some point, but for now he wants to concentrate on the TV.

All suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

Check out hometheaterspot.com for brand-by-brand dialog. IMHO for that $, get the Pioneer non-Elite (Home Series). If you shop hard enough and want biggest you can get the 643HD5 for $3500 and the 533HD5 for $2700 (I did) or less if you purchase online. But all brands have supporters/detractors. I compared the Toshiba HX series and Sony HW before deciding on Pioneer. Cost no object? Get a Pioneer Elite.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks