What's new

Best portable AM/FM "walkman"? (1 Viewer)

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Need a recommendation for my father-in-law... must use AA and not AAA, I am looking for the best reception over all else... cassette deck is not necessary but ok too.
I know this is decidedly low-tech for the HTF, but audioreview.com only had one model listed.
frown.gif

------------------
sig.jpg

RicP

Screenwriter
Jason,
Try Radio Shack. They have an Astounding number of AM/FM walkmans in all shapes and sizes and configurations. They're all fairly inexpensive as well. Give them a shot.
:)
------------------
Ric Perrott
My Theater ;My DVD's
"RicP's posts are SUPERBLY ERUDITE!" - David Manning, Ridgefield Press

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Thanks Ric, I hadn't really thought of going there... any particular model you can recommend?
He is a talk-radio nut, and the best reception possible is the main factor, that and the AA-battery instead of AAA... I guess he has about 10 cases of AA-batteries and doesn't want to have to go buy AAA's.
Anybody else have any recommendations for specific models of any brand?
Anybody have a recommendation for a good site to look at reviews? Epinions.com didn't have much, Amazon had some reviews and as I said before Audioreview.com only had one player reviewed.
------------------
sig.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks