What's new

Best Bang For The Buck? HSU VTF 2 vs SVS 20-39 PCi vs HSU VTF 3 (1 Viewer)

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
Then I think about my neighbors and vibrating their walls and ceiling. What do you think?
I think you would spend a lot of money sending your neighbours out on a night on the town so you could derive the benefit of the sub. Your condo bylaws will have a clause regarding interfering with the lifestyle of your neighbours, and I for one wouldn't want the headache of answering to the board.
;)

DanWiggins

Second Unit
Robert/Drew,

I'm game! Since I don't get over here very much (actually received an e-mail from a customer about this thread), please shoot me relevant information as it comes about...

Thanks!

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
Don't know, those crickets are aweful loud (it drives me up the wall when they fall between my basement walls and basement)!

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
The more interest a website or magazine feels a *showdown* will generate...the more likely you'll see it happen. Don't waste time talking about crikets here---start emailing Soundvision(nousaine),hometheaterhifi.com(johnson) ,T$$(ferstler),ect(or whoever you want to conduct the showdown). If they get enough requests, they'll be contacting all the manufacturers you guys want.

As long as the reviewer promises to use objective performance verification as part of the review/comparison process...SVS is ALWAYS game.

TV

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
somebody please post the list of those people's emails. even though i am not gonna purchase a new subwoofer in the near future, i am eager to see the showdown.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
The only problem I see with this Tom, is that even the review at secrets pointed that when some manufacturers heard about the invitation they backed out but the thing about these reviewers is that they won't tell us which ones backed out. Also another factor is that some might claim that "we didn't receive an invitation" as a cheesy bail out. I personally believe you (as in SVS) and Dan (Adire) will show simply because you two posted on this site the green light, but I might question if some of your competitors will because (A) they didn't hear about it, (B) maybe they did and didn't want to answer, or (C) didn't answer because of the implied commitment and didn't want the face off.

I ask that if anyone can just put simply all these names email in one quick little post here (or put it as a thread head) and cross-post this at all the other forums this can happen. I know without a doubt that I will be more than happy to email up to the first 100 professional reviewers (I don't know how many there are but I'm willing) personally, individually if I have to. This would be one of the answers to the most posted questions of every forum and I know the loser of such a shoot out will come back to raise the bar making in the end all the consumers a winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks