What's new

Berenstain Bears - Columbia Tristar Contact?? (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone have an email contact or telephone number for someone in the home video / DVD department over at Columbia Tristar?

These two DVD's, "The Berenstain Bears - A Little Goes A Long Way" and "The Berenstain Bears - Beary Good Lessons", were initially supposed to be released on January 28th of LAST YEAR... 2003.

These are 2 discs compiling episodes from the classic 1985 series that I grew up with as a kid and have very fond memories of watching.

I was looking forward to owning both DVD's and had them pre-ordered only to cancel after their delay which I first assumed was attributed to a retail stock/distributor error and than later placed orders for again only to cancel a second time after months had passed without any indication of when they were to finally be released.

I am pretty upset with the total lack of regard that Columbia has shown for these 2 supposed releases. In 99% of online retailers, you will notice that they are currently listed as either "in stock - shipping soon" or "on order".

It is very clear and apparent that Columbia Tristar is simply neglecting these discs without so much as even issuing a press statement letting distributors/retailers know that these are either not available, temporarily delayed or canceled for whatever reason!

Amazon now lists the following:

Availability: Release date to be announced - The release date for this video has not been finalized. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.

I would really like to get to the bottom of this and let Columbia know that there are people who have been anxiously waiting for these 2 DVD's for over a year now, some still with orders pending and it's not right to just continue to neglect these customers and retailers who continue to support their products.

There seem to be quite a few DVD's available of the current or recent Berenstain Bears series, however I know that there are many people out there such as myself who's sole interest is the nostalgia of watching these great cartoons throughout their youth who are patiently waiting for these to get their due release. If Columbia has no intentions of doing so - don't go ahead and announce street dates and than totally ignore such ventures for over an entire year!

If anyone has a relative contact to Columbia Tristar, it would be very much appreciated as I'd like to inquire and get an official statement from them on their current stance with these long-delayed releases. If anyone has any further information - please let me know!

Thanks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.