What's new

Behringer Fedback Destroyer Pro (Updated) (1 Viewer)

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
Well i got it do day and god this thing is sexy i love the brushed aluminum. I will post some nice high rez pics for those that haven't seen one befor.

No off to RS for the 1/4 to RCA and the SPL meter.

Today is a good day :)

Ronnie Ferrell

Second Unit
:D That's funny! I just emailed you to see if you got your BFD yet and if the order went ok. Then I look and see this post.

I just went back to musicfriend and the free shipping is over. :frowning:

Ronnie

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
wow i never knew it was a limited time deal.

latter tonight i will get those pics up, the debate in my life right now is studying for the PHY test for tomarrow or get my BFD up and running oh the choices

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
You know you're in the DIY forum when ppl treat equalizers like they are sex objects.

You know you're in the DIY forum when you see subwoofers the size of refrigerators in dorm rooms.

Ronnie Ferrell

Second Unit
Well I ordered one last night from the the guy that is linked in Sonnie Parker's BFD Setup guide here:

http://www.snapbug.ws/bfd.htm

Did not know if HTF rules allow cross posting to other forums, but if you go to the BFD setup page above, there is a link to the BFD deal. The deal is about 8 months old and I figured was over with. I emailed the guy and he can still get them. He also posted a few days ago on that thread and the price just dropped to $100 plus shipping if anyone is interested. My total was $107.35 shipped UPS to Nashville, TN.

I just placed my order last night, so I have not received mine yet. I was reluctant to order, but there has been no complaints with the others on that thread about there orders. I'll let you guys know how everything went with my order when I get my BFD. So far so good. I got a tracking number from him last night.

Ronnie

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
now what would a bfd do for me? i have dual av15 tuned low and my fr responce is prety flat just a little hump around the tune. thanks

PaulDF

Second Unit
The BFD is definitely shiny! Very bright LEDs too. I might have to relocate mine since it demands so much attention sitting out in the open!

bruin

Second Unit
hey allen, can you post a pic or two of the rear of your BFD? mine is on the way and i wanna know which types of xlr's i need. the inputs are xlr female and outputs are xlr male right? i just want to make sure before i buy the cables.

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
i updated the page in my sig with the requested pics, and yes you are right, balanced XLR male and female. I also posted the nekid pics of the BFD, hopfully you guys can handle the pics, there pretty racy :D

I played around with it this weekend and actually ran some sweeps inroom, i seems that i have a pretty good dip around 30-50hz, not surprised. I then adjusted it using a +5 db at 40hz with a Q (bandwith) of about 30 if my math is correct that should do it, i didn't get around to taking some of the other dips and peaks out but i can work my away around it pretty fast so it won't take long. The only draw back is i don't want to be pissing off my neighbors when running a 16hz note aroun 85 db it can get pretty shaky (no pun intended)

Enjoy the pics and hopefully i answered your question.

bruin

Second Unit
Thanks for the pics Allen. Did you say you got your cables from RS? My local RS doesn't have anything close to that. They only have leftovers of Recoton branded cables.

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
no those are DIY cables with parts from MCM, i used the 1/4 to RCA from radio shack. if i was thinking i should have put in an order of those from MCM because i took it up the butt, 4 bucks each where i know you can find them for half that amount at either MCM or PE

Ronnie Ferrell

Second Unit
Got my BFD today! The order went without a hitch. If you're looking for one, I don't think you will beat this deal. Mine was $107.35 including shipping. For more info on where I ordered, see my previous post above.

Ronnie

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
Okay - stupid question time... I don't know what this is - is it an equalizer that'll just work on the low end, so that you can increase/cut selected frequencies between 10 and 100 or so hz? If so, I'm about half tempted to try one, even with my little Tiny Mity...

Ronnie Ferrell

Second Unit
Okay - stupid question time... I don't know what this is - is it an equalizer that'll just work on the low end, so that you can increase/cut selected frequencies between 10 and 100 or so hz? If so, I'm about half tempted to try one, even with my little Tiny Mity...
You pretty much nailed it! Here is more info and a review if you're interested:

http://www.snapbug.ws/brucekreviewofbfd.htm

I figured for 100 bucks US, it was worth playing with! :D

Ronnie

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks