What's new

Bed in a box? (1 Viewer)

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Anyone sleep on one of these? Lots of brands out there and tons of conflicting reviews. I am curious if any HTFers have any experience here.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
We bought a Temperpedic about 3 years ago, and it was bloody expensive. Got separate adjusting contraptions for each of us. That was a good choice. We both like different settings and be both got different Temperpedics. It’s the best bed I’ve ever slept on.

Not a good reply to your question. Sorry ‘bout that chief.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Anyone sleep on one of these? Lots of brands out there and tons of conflicting reviews. I am curious if any HTFers have any experience here.
My friend got one of these when he moved to his latest apartment. The mattress arrived in the mail rolled up like a carpet. It took a few hours to regain its thickness after being unrolled, and then a couple days for the top and bottom to stop curling up.

He said it's more comfortable than a futon mattress, but less comfortable than a traditional mattress.

Roger Grodsky

Stunt Coordinator
I recently purchased an Avocado (based on its high rating in Consumer Reports) and am very happy with it. It replaced a Sleep Number mattress that I did not enjoy.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I recently purchased an Avocado (based on its high rating in Consumer Reports) and am very happy with it. It replaced a Sleep Number mattress that I did not enjoy.
That's interesting as I am also thinking about the Sleep number (opposite ends of the spectrum, yes). How long have you been sleeping on the Avocado?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I looked into Sleep Number, but unless I am wrong, it's basically an airbed. Not interested.

For the past few years I have been buying Saatva mattresses. It is online only, doesn't get delivered via the mail but rather via delivery truck.

The mattress is pretty good. Can't say I have any complaints.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I looked into Sleep Number, but unless I am wrong, it's basically an airbed. Not interested.

For the past few years I have been buying Saatva mattresses. It is online only, doesn't get delivered via the mail but rather via delivery truck.

How often do you have to replace your Saatva mattresses?

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris

A damn expensive airbed at that! Saatva looks interesting. Thanks Ron.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
A damn expensive airbed at that! Saatva looks interesting. Thanks Ron.

...and listen, I am no authority on mattresses. In fact, I doubt anyone can be. Buying a mattress and dealing with salesmen can be as deceptive to buyers as purchasing a vehicle from a dealer. I always say mattress and car sales people are the biggest crooks in retail.

Mattress companies put out different SKU's on their line from store to store making it impossible for customers to do research and compare.

This is why I finally gave up and decided to go with an online company. Saatva got decent reviews. This is my second mattress from them. The mattress is good. I can't say it's up there with the best mattresses possible, but I did get a good 6-7 years out of the first one before I felt I needed to buy another.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks