What's new

Hearing Aids (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I have high frequency hearing loss and tinnitus in my left ear. My right ear is totally fine and probably carrying a lot of the load. As over the counter hearing aids have become available I am curious to try one out. My other reason is to set a good example for my mom, who has much more significant (low frequency) hearing loss, but has said she is not interested in using hearing devices. I'm hoping if she sees me using one, she will be more open to the idea, but she may also write it off as something I can do because I'm young (her go-to rationalization for why I can do something and why she can't).

Anyway, since I only need it for one ear and the loss is moderate, I am going to try the Tweak Enhance, which is perhaps more of a PSAP than an FDA approved hearing aid per se. I would have gone for the Lively, but they don't have a single ear option and it costs almost 4x as much.

Anyone else going down this road?

Last edited:

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I've had hearing aids in both ears for a few years now due to high frequency hearing loss (damn rock and roll!). I of course went the route of going to an audiologist etc. They have been nothing short of life changing for me - highly recommended.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm pretty sure mine was from loud music, too. – me taking photographs at a concert without hearing protection and being more exposed on the left side than the right.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I am the opposite - right ear is far worse. I did myself no favors as a young'in with headphones and then I'm pretty sure Dickie Betts and Great Southern finished the job for me one fateful evening in Dewey Beach Delaware...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The tinnitus I started noticing more when I had a stressful period at work. After that it seemed to remain constant. Actually noticing the hearing loss didn't happen until I got married and had someone's better hearing to compare to.

And actually the most notable sign of a problem was when I started having trouble hearing what people are saying in crowded and noisy spaces. But I didn't chalk that up to hearing loss until recently.

Last edited:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Welp I’ve had 24/7 tinnitus for last month. Audiologist confirmed moderate hfhl in both ears, worse in left. Going to get a single aid once we confirm it’s not being caused by my pituitary tumor growing unexpectedly

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks