Beauty and Beast - Break the Spell game

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Herrod, Oct 17, 2002.

1. James Herrod

James Herrod Stunt Coordinator

Alright, major crisis here. This Break the Spell game has a part where you need to navigate through a bunch of bowling balls that are bouncing down a staircase. You should only need your left and right arrow keys to wiggle your way through, but it keeps killing me while trying to dodge the second ball. I normally wouldn't give two dumps about playing this, but my kids have sternly told me that I will no longer be SuperDad until I can beat this game. Is anybody else having a problem with this? I'm starting to think this is just a glitch in the game. Thank ya kindly. Jim

2. Mike Blais

Mike Blais Stunt Coordinator

I had to give up, it was driving me nuts! I tried every direction multiple times up,down,left,right. Zip,nada,nothing.[​IMG]

3. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

I thought it was a glitch also, but you can go up, left and right unlike the candle one where it was only left and right...I think it goes:

left, up, left, up, left and up

Once I figured out you could go up it was easy.

4. Gui A

Gui A Supporting Actor

5. Kenneth Cummings

Kenneth Cummings Supporting Actor

I already beat that game (I was bored), and I notice sometimes when I was hitting the skip chapter button to get past the rose falling, it would acually skip further into the game. But it not always trustworthy either.

By the way, if you thought that part was hard, wait until you meet the last room, it has up and down all the time!

6. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

God, I HATED that stupid game! I dislike the games they toss on Disney DVDs in general, but at least some of them offer a real reward. I sat through that nuisance on BatB for NOTHING at the end. What a drag!

7. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    It actually reminded me of playing those old Dragon's Lair and Space Ace video games (which are also on DVD and/or DVD-ROM now).

Regards,

8. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

9. James Herrod

James Herrod Stunt Coordinator

Thanks a million for all the replies. Now I can finish this game so I can get on with my life. Parenthood!! Gotta love it. Jim