What's new

Disney's Beauty & The Beast-Platinum Edition,Family Edition,Collector's Edition,WHAT? (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
A Friend of mine had the following sent to him from Disney today:-
Family Edition
The Making Of Beauty And The Beast Go behind the scenes of the first ever Academy Award nominated animated feature
The Story Behind The Story Learn the fascinating “stories behind the stories” of the origins and history of several of Disney’s most beloved animated features; Cinderella, The Lion King, Pocahontas, The Jungle Book, Sleeping Beauty, Mulan, and The Hunchback Of Notre Dame.
Maurice’s Invention Workshop Game Your journey to breaking the spell begins in Maurice’s Workshop. Help Chip return to the castle by assembling an incomplete invention. Then, he’ll give you information you’ll need to continue your journey in the game “Break The Spell.”
Break The Spell Game You have the power to break the spell and return Chip and his friends to human form, but it won’t be easy for there are many tasks to complete as you follow Chip to The West Wing. Make five mistakes and the journey is over.
Beauty & The Beast Music Video The original music video featuring Celine Dion and Peabo Bryson. There is also a brand new introduction to this video by Celine Dion.
Beauty & The Beast Music Video All new recording of an old favourite with up and coming pop sensation, Jump 5
Sing Along Track Sing along with your favourite songs. Select this mode and the words to all of these classic songs pop up on screen
Collector's Edition - Disc One
Three Versions Of The Film The Special Edition, the Original Theatrical, and the Work In Progress
Audio Commentary Feature length audio commentary with directors Kirk Wise and Gary Trousdale, producer Don Hahn, and a guest appearance by composer Alan Menken
Maurice’s Invention Workshop Game Your journey to breaking the spell begins in Maurice’s Workshop. Help Chip return to the castle by assembling an incomplete invention. Then, he’ll give you information you’ll need to continue your journey in the game “Break The Spell.”
Sing Along Track Sing along with your favourite songs. Select this mode and the words to all of these classic songs pop up on screen
Disc Two
Break The Spell Game You have the power to break the spell and return Chip and his friends to human form, but it won’t be easy for there are many tasks to complete as you follow Chip to The West Wing. Make five mistakes and the journey is over.
Cogsworth and Lumiere Menu
Origins Of Beauty & The Beast An exploration of the many versions of the “Beauty and the Beast” tale from around the world Bringing The Story To The Screen A look at the challenges and process of developing the original story into a feature length animated film.
Early Presentation Reel + Intro An early reel that was presented at the Frankfurt Bookfair. It is made up of pencil animation and includes an introduction by Don Hahn
Finding The Story The original story is basically about Beauty and the Beast having dinner every night with him asking her to marry him and her turning him down. Discover how the filmmakers solved the challenge of making this a richer tale.
Alternate Version “Be Our Guest” + Intro: Original storyreel of “Be Our Guest” with Maurice as the guest of honour, not Belle. Includes an introduction by Don Hahn.
Deleted Song “Human Again” + Intro: Original storyreel of “Human Again” with vocal performances by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken, and an introduction by Don Hahn
Musical Magic Many critics referred to “Beauty and the Beast” as the best Broadway Musical of its time – and it was a movie! Learn how the Academy Award winning team of Alan Menken and Howard Ashman brought their craft of writing for the stage to enrich this film
Introduction to “Human Again” This introduction is by Alan Menken and addresses how/why this song was originally deleted from the musical aspect.
Alternate Score The Transformation + Intro: The transformation scene can be viewed with its original score and the score final score that replaced it, with an introduction by Alan Menken.
The Stage Is Set Explore the process of creating the “look” of the film – the world in which the characters live
Concept Art & Design Gallery Presented in a virtual gallery, that takes you through the castle’s main hallways. Original concept drawings and designs give you a look at the how the final look of the film was created
Layouts & Backgrounds Gallery Presented in a virtual gallery, that takes you through the castle’s main hallways. A look at the original layouts and backgrounds for the film
Strength Of Character How do the characters in a Disney animated film end up looking as they do. Follow this process with the filmmakers of “Beauty and the Beast.”
Vocal Heroes: The Voice Cast A behind-the-scenes look at the original voice cast
Character Galleries Still frame gallery. Original artwork for all your favourite characters including; Belle, Beast, Lumiere, Mrs. Potts & Chip, Gaston & Lefou, Cogsworth, Maurice & Phillipe, The Townspeople, and other enchanted objects.
Animation A brief overview of the process of bringing still drawings to life
A Transformation Glen Keane: Animator Glen Keane provides a context for and explanation of his “pencil performance” of this scene.
Pencil Version: The Transformation + Intro: The transformation from hideous beast to handsome prince is seen in its pencil animation form
Animation Tests A selection of pencil animation of various characters, introduced and narrated by Don Hahn
Animating With Computers The breathtaking ballroom sequence is one of the most memorable from the film. Discover how computers where used to create and even greater sense of reality for the film and the challenges of combing 3D graphics into a 2D world.
Camera Move Test + Intro The famous ballroom scene is dissected in this segment with an introduction by Don Hahn
A High Profile Preview “Beauty and the Beast” was the first animated film ever to be selected to be shown at the prestigious New York Film Festival – and it was given Opening Night honours. Relive that historic event with the filmmakers.
Release & Reaction “Beauty and the Beast” was instantly hailed as a Classic. Find out just how great a reaction it received.
Awards A look at the many honours bestowed on this unique film – including a first-ever Academy Award® nomination as Best Picture for an animated film.
Howard Ashman In Memoriam: A tribute to the tragically shortened career of brilliant songwriter Howard Ashman
Trailers & TV Spots Trailers & commercials from the original release and the large format release of the film.
Original Release & Large Format Release Publicity Galleries Still frame gallery. A selection of various posters and advertising designs used for each respective release of the film.
Beauty & The Beast Music Video + Intro The original music video featuring Celine Dion and Peabo Bryson. There is also a brand new introduction to this video by Celine Dion.
Broadway Bound With so many critics hailing the film as the Best Broadway Musical of the season, a transition to the stage was only natural
Broadway Musical Publicity Presented in a virtual gallery, that takes you through the castle’s main hallways. Theatrical poster and advertising designs from around the world
Broadway Costume Design Gallery Presented in a virtual gallery, that takes you through the castle’s main
hallways. Anne Hould-Ward’s award winning costume designs
Mrs Potts Menu
The Making Of Beauty And The Beast Go behind the scenes of the first ever Academy Award nominated animated feature in this family version of the making of show. This show includes …
The Story Behind The Story Learn the fascinating “stories behind the stories” of the origins and history of several of Disney’s most beloved animated features; Cinderella, The Lion King, Pocahontas, The Jungle Book, Sleeping Beauty, Mulan, and The Hunchback Of Notre Dame
Mrs. Potts’ Personality Profile Game Which Beauty and the Beast character are YOU most similar to? Lumiere? Mrs. Potts? The Beast??? Join Mrs. Potts for tea, let her get to know you by answering a series of questions, and then she’ll tell you who you most closely match
Chip Menu
Chip’s Musical Challenge Join Chip to learn a new song. No previous musical experience required! All you need is a good memory. Seven different pieces of kitchen cookware make up the “band.” On Chip’s cue, various kitchen items play a portion of the song. You must repeat the sequence.
Disney’s Animation Magic Get ready for an exciting back stage tour of the Disney studios and find out how animated films are made. Take the tour or pick and choose which segments you want to watch. Segments include; introduction, Storyboard, Character
Design, Animation, Effects Animation, Computer Animation, and Sound Effects.
Beauty & The Beast Music Video All new recording of an old favourite with up and coming pop sensation, Jump 5
__________________________________________________ ________________________________
Now he works for a UK DVD mag so it could be a region 2 only thing but if it is, I'll be well pissed off.
I have a pic of the Collector's Edition packaging, can I email it to anyone who can put it on the net so I can show it here?

SteveK

Supporting Actor
Johnny- Exactly what is it about the announcement that, if true, would make you "well pissed off"? I didn't read the whole thing in detail, but I didn't see anything upsetting in there.

Please explain.

Steve K.

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
read the whole sentence, "it could be a region 2 only thing but if it is, I'll be well pissed off"!

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
sure enough, reg 2 wins again on Disney, they also did it for Snow White.
No need to email the pic

Richard Smith

Stunt Coordinator
The Collector's Edition looks identical(apart from the packaging) to the R1 Platinum Edition so I don't see any reason to be pissed off.
sure enough, reg 2 wins again on Disney, they also did it for Snow White.
On packaging yep, but Snow White was missing some supplemental material and the original mono mix, which made me opt for the R1 version. In fact Disney have been pretty shitty all round with their animated R2 releases. Titles I'd have bought on impulse while browsing in the shops, like Dumbo and Sleeping Beauty, have been missing features or (even worse!) been pan and scan. I still haven't decided which version of Beauty And The Beast I'll be getting, but if the R2 is identical to the R1 in content thats the one I'll go for.
Richard

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
It looked like a blue hard cover book, opened up for the 2 disks.

Disney in the UK are very keen on releasing 2 versions of their tops titles a 1 disk (family version) and 2 disk (collectors). Latest with this is Monsters Inc, of which the main problem is the 1 disk is usually p/s so you have to buy the 2 disk for w/s and proper extras.

Also the prices are much higher here as their 2 disks have a £25 (USD 37.50) recommended price and the 1 disk at £20 although both are usually sold at large discounts.
However I can buy the US 2 disk version and import for less than the online price of the 1 disk in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks