What's new

Battle Royale II ! (1 Viewer)

LennyP

Supporting Actor
The great BattleRoyaleFilm.com fansite has some behind the scenes footage and 2 teaser trailers!

"It's three years after the events of the original Battle Royale, and Shuya Nanahara (Tatsuya Fujiwara), one of the survivors,
is now a well-known terrorist determined to bring down the government. In response, the government orders the creation of the "Battle Royale 2" program, and sends a class of junior-high-schoolers to hunt [him/her] down."

Check out the title card "This time it's WAR" and English narration ""They found him/her, ... It's September 11th,... I'll keep chasing... his/her name is (name is a spoiler of who survives the first Battle Royale), kill him/her!"

And twin towers looking building as well as others, blow up and go down!
Finally a movie has balls to have a terrorist blow up twin towers, call it september 11th, and what other but Battle Royale to offend some viewers :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Visit this great site for lots of BR info:

http://br2.battleroyalefilm.com/

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I could see one getting psyched for a sequel to this rather cool movie, but...

I'm not exactly sure what this means.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
I'm not exactly sure what this means.
It just means that I was tired of all the year long over-sensitivity and censorship, editing out twin towers out of movies and other places, and postponement of terrorist related films, cutting out explosions, being called a freak for wanting to see The Siege or Die Hard 3 right after 9/11, etc etc.

And now Battle Royale II has this "in your face" attitude.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yes, we've known about this for a long time. The trailer's been out over a month, and the film is almost finished shooting

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Yes, we've known about this for a long time. The trailer's been out over a month, and the film is almost finished shooting
Do you know how much was done when Kinji Fukasaku died 2 weeks ago and his son had to take over? I read that he refused cancer treatment to work on a movie!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks