What's new

Pre-Order Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Price has dropped another $10. Just over $100 for the set now.

And probably it will drop a bit more before it comes out.

I have the series on dvd, would love to upgrade, but will wait until holidays.

I did think of trying to sell my dvd sets to upgrade...

We’ll see.

I did send Santa a quick text about amending my wish list for December..

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Fry's has it for $82.99 and are still taking orders. Free shipping and no tax for me as there are no Fry's near me. Not sure which version. Picture is deluxe but deluxe is not in description. Doesn't ship until November 30. Fry's often runs out of stock for shipping to home. If you are interested. don't wait long.

https://www.frys.com/product/9718464?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Currently unavailable at Barnes and Noble and Walmart is sold out online. Amazon is selling list price $112.99 after previously matching Walmart yesterday before they sold out.

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Fry's has it for $82.99 and are still taking orders. Free shipping and no tax for me as there are no Fry's near me. Not sure which version. Picture is deluxe but deluxe is not in description. Doesn't ship until November 30. Fry's often runs out of stock for shipping to home. If you are interested. don't wait long.

https://www.frys.com/product/9718464?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Currently unavailable at Barnes and Noble and Walmart is sold out online. Amazon is selling list price $112.99 after previously matching Walmart yesterday before they sold out.

Beware that that item may not be the item you want.
The UPC and release date say it's the Std SE without the Funcos
In the past Frys UPC have been far more reliable that the pics they us

About 40% of Walmart stores say they have in stock using the online inventory checker -- $89.96
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=863369908

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Beware that that item may not be the item you want.
The UPC and release date say it's the Std SE without the Funcos
In the past Frys UPC have been far more reliable that the pics they us
Which is why I said I wasn't sure which edition it was. I didn't want anyone ordering thinking they were going to get the deluxe and end up with the standard version instead.

Not sure why the Walmart stock checker would say some stores have limited stock but the quantity is listed as 0.

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Not sure why the Walmart stock checker would say some stores have limited stock but the quantity is listed as 0.

Don't know the difference -- I've never found a new item instock listed as a Limited Stock. Occasionally I have seen that with clearance or open box items and the store might actually have on.

Last week with Celebrating Mickey I did notice a number of the Limited Stock stores did turn into "actual stock" a couple days later so it could be a note that they are expecting a delivery or that items haven't been processed into the store system yet. The % of stores with stores has steadily risen during the day -- it was 18% at around 2-3 am ET, low 30% when I initially checked at 10am, and now is 44%

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Amazon reviews are saying the blu rays look amazing. However the digital downloads are SD and the two movies do not come with a digital copy. There are also complaints that you have to use VUDU rather than Itunes or Google Play and none of the special features are included with the download version. Complaints about the cardboard the discs are stored in.

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
AF1F8D1E-3B99-43F4-B908-6ACC6CE1CC15.jpeg
AF1F8D1E-3B99-43F4-B908-6ACC6CE1CC15.jpeg
4F19B7BF-4FA0-487A-9477-7284F59616C2.jpeg
I just got mine from amazon.

Generally I do t gave any problem from them but this was shipped in a flimsy bubble mailer and the box is smashed.

Can’t tell you how ticked off I am right now.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
They'll replace that. I'd recommend reaching out to them about that. In the meantime, I would feel no guilt about opening up the set you did receive and enjoying the episodes (if you were planning on watching it tonight) and sending it back opened when you receive your replacement.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Is this Walmart’s in store price as well?

From what I've read on Bluray, yes. Usually Brickseek shows the actual in-store price for Walmart -- for some things it will even show different prices at different stores which is very nice sometimes looking at clearance deals. .

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I generated a call back and they are sending me a new set. Told me to keep the damaged set and requested it be sent in a box and not another bag.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
To coincide with the Blu-ray release, Batman: The Animated Series is also this week's Honest Trailer:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I generated a call back and they are sending me a new set. Told me to keep the damaged set and requested it be sent in a box and not another bag.
Good luck with that. Amazon used a padded envelope for mine too but it 'only' had a dented corner and I didn't even bother to complain because based on my experience, I'd have an easier time pissing up a rope than getting them to send me something in a box.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
It's very strange though not unusual -- most people reporting envelopes, a smaller number boxes/
What they haven't mentioned enough is the origin warehouse. I get the impression that the big Kentucky distribution center which services most of the US east of the Mississippi if not further uses soft packaging, but at least some of the western facilities have a tendency to use different containers.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
The beauty of release day delivery from Amazon using their Flex shift drivers. I'm not certain if it's the distribution house in Kentucky because it ships to other distribution areas that gets dropped off but I've noticed more the bubble wrap mailers if you order something larger then they have to put it in the box but I never had those problems when it was getting done by UPS instead of somebody trying to hustle and get 12 packages out in 4 hours

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks