What's new

Bass shakers - delay? (1 Viewer)

ThomasA

Auditioning
I seem to remember having read a thread here about applying a slight delay to bass shakers (but i couldn't find it with a search). The bass shakers seem to be out of sync with the rest of the sound system, i.e. they seem to be a little ahead of the rest of the sound in my setup. I think a little delay applied to the bass shakers would bring them back in sync with the rest and improve the results. Has anybody had that same experience and if so how did you solve it? How much delay would you apply to the signal and what are you using to create that delay (I have to take the same signal as for the sub, i.e. I cannot apply a separate delay to the bass shakers directly in the processor)?

Brian_J

Second Unit
I remember reading about this over at the AVS forum where it seems that more people use them. Try searching over there. It makes perfect sense to have a delay if your sub is far away from you and you are feeding the shakers off the split signal.
Brian
------------------
Zed's Dead Baby...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks