What's new

Bass Shaker question (1 Viewer)

ZachW

Stunt Coordinator
I was thinking about adding some bass shakers to my system to provide a little impact. Would I just be ablt to put them under the couch? Or do I need to have them custom installed into the couch? And where's a good place to get a whole package of a pair of bass shakers, and an amp? Any opinions on brands or anything would be great. thanks

DonnyD

Screenwriter
You'll need to attach the shakers to a solid portion of the frame of the couch. Personally, I bought an audio express (cheap) 100 watt mono plate amp and placed it out of sight beside my entertainment center, then ran the wires to the couch for the shakers. I split the sub signal to feed the shaker amp and it works great.
Just watch your friends eyes when you fire a movie up and the couch starts shaking. I've had mine for a couple of years and I must say it was one of the best additions to my HT. Enjoy.

Jose G

Supporting Actor
Go to PartsExpress.com. They have a special right now-a great deal. You can also get an amp from them- they have some nice deals on these as well.

TanT

Stunt Coordinator
Just find an old receiver or ond intergrated amp and hook it up to your sub output of your AV receiver and you're good to go.

These bass shakers don't need much juice to shake them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks