What's new

Barnes&Noble 40% Off Sale (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Looks like the flag for the 40% sale is up and it looks like it includes Blus and DVDs this time. The prices will start changing over the next hour or so though sometimes it takes several hours for all eligible to show prices. Sale is expected to run 6/9 through end of the day 6/22. The 40% is off the MSRP and not whatever price it may have been previously so real deals are still spotty even adding instore member discounts and extra discount coupons, but can be quite nice on items that rarely ever get any discounts.

Generally the sale includes everything in store and most items online. Preorders released after the end of the sale aren't usually eligible. You can have them order things into the store so you can pick it up and use your member discount/coupons as well. There are also some reports of a policy change that should allow you to order thing in-store for ship to home AND still get the member discount (and coupons though I not sure if they'll allow more than one coupon per order) and Free member shipping on small orders or upgrade to express shipping on all orders (at least what BN calls faster shipping).

I also expect there will be extra 15%off coupons available for either one or both weekends -- probably instore and online coupons for this weekend and instore only for Fathers Day weekend if history means much. If those coupons are delivered Thursday, I should have plenty to share for those who don't get them or need extras.

Still a bit early to have any advance information on the July Criterion Sale, but I'm guessing a 7/7 start with a smaller chance of 6/30 or longshot date of 7/14.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Keep us posted. I am interested in the online coupons that I can apply additional discounts for.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately the Thursday emails showing up with no extra coupons. Fathers Day gets shorted again.

Next Thursday should see at least some in-store discounts, but frequently Holiday weekend exclude online orders to try

pulling in store traffic.

A couple small online only discounts are available through.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
David Norman said:
A bit of a crumb for those looking for online coupons to use with the 40% sale

BNDAD20 -- 20% off single online item + Free shipping good expires Tues 6/16 2:59am EDT.

Thanks David! That actually brings Criterion prices down below the upcoming July 50% off sale. Ordered Make Way for Tomorrow, including shipping and tax was $20 total.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Hollywoodaholic said:
What's cancelled? Not this coupon deal. I got two more notices good for today 20% code BNDAD20.

I get a notice that coupon code has expired. I just want a single Criterion right now - Don't Look Now - which comes to over $28 shipped even with the 40% off. I can get a better price at Amazon.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Coupon expired 3am Eastern this morning.

The only current online discount code is a 5off50 code. You could get FS by starting a free 2 month membership which would also

carry you through the Criterion sale next month (advance info says 7/7 through 7/27). Obviously if you can't wait then there are other

options. If you have a Costco some of those stores have had it for 19.99 recently. IS Michigan still Amazon sales tax free?

Don't know if you are close to a BN store, but there are supposed to be some extra 15% discount codes starting Thursday.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
15% Codes are coming in now, but only good for in store purchases but should stack with the 40% sale and Member discount.

Expires Sunday night 6/21 at close of business

Coupons are 15% single items and supposed to be single use.

I should have several extra codes if anyone needs. Just PM and let me know how many you can use

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
David Norman said:
Coupon expired 3am Eastern this morning.

The only current online discount code is a 5off50 code. You could get FS by starting a free 2 month membership which would also

carry you through the Criterion sale next month (advance info says 7/7 through 7/27). Obviously if you can't wait then there are other

options. If you have a Costco some of those stores have had it for 19.99 recently. IS Michigan still Amazon sales tax free?

Don't know if you are close to a BN store, but there are supposed to be some extra 15% discount codes starting Thursday.

Currently, yes. Sales tax is supposed to begin being charged in October, 2015.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Scott Merryfield said:
Currently, yes. Sales tax is supposed to begin being charged in October, 2015.

I though I remembered Michigan getting a grace period unlike Ohio and Illinois who apparently had it enacted almost overnight.

I think the statistics now put around 85% of the population in the states with same state sales tax at B&M and Amazon once Michigan joins and 2016 adds SC which moves it to 86%. All the Top 20 most populated states except Missouri which is around 18 or 19th with 6M.

Anyway -- last day for the Instore dsicount coupons if anyone needs them. The 40% sale ends Monday night (6/22) and pretty strong rumors of the Criterion sale running fomr 7/7 - 7/27.

I made my store run a few days ago and picked up 25th Ann Goodfellas for $15 with member and my 20% discount plus 1776 for around $9. The new Disney Ghibli for around $18.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks