What's new
World Wide Stereo

Bar HDMI Set Up (1 Viewer)

Jerome_Marcus

Auditioning
Real Name
Jerome
Hello there!
I manage a sports bar in SE Asia and we've just set up an HDMI network for sports streaming.Here is a brief description:Windows 7 Desktop PC ----> 8 port HDMI Splitter -----> 5 Flat Screen TV's (Some Samsung, some Sony Bravia, some LG)In the morning when we open up we switch everything on and the HDMI works fine up until the evening.At some point during the early evening, usually from 6pm to 9pm, the TV's will begin to flicker and display a banner of resolution (I think this is called a handshake ? not sure), and eventually we lose HDMI connectivity, the TV's will display a message along the lines of "No Signal, check power cords, source, cables" and we won't be able to get connectivity back for the rest of the night. It doesn't happen every evening, but most evenings.In the morning, when we open up, everything will work fine again.Things I've tried after we lose HDMI connectivity in the evening:1) Restart computer2) Power off HDMI splitter then power on.3) Plug HDMI cable from PC direct into one of the TV's that previously was connected to the splitter (doesn't work)4) Plug HDMI cable from PC direct into one of the TV's that previously was NOT connected to the splitter with a different HDMI cable (Works!?)5) Mounted a fan next to splitter to keep it cool. Problem persists.6) Unplug HDMI cable from PC and replug. Problem persists.Anyone have any idea why I'm losing the HDMI signal in the evenings? As far as I know nothing changes, the only thing I can think of is a heat problem because the system has been on since 8am.If you need technical specifications of equipment I can provide. Thanks so much in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wolffan91
Recent bookmarks