What's new

Bale looses it during filming... (1 Viewer)

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I personally do not care about celebs personal lives one way or another. If I like their work, throwing a temper tanrum won't make me stop watching them. That doesn't mean that after hearing Bales tantrum I don't feel he was in the wrong for going off on the set.

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor

It if never went public there would've been no need for a public apology, period. Just an apology to the target of his rant (which he says he did and they worked together for a month afterwords).

So, if he says he apologized soon after (he did) and it's not contradicted (not so far) then I am willing to accept that when you amp up your emotions for a scene and you are distracted, it can make you apocalyptic.

It's not an excuse, but I understand and don't think of him as an unhinged prima donna.

And I also like the way Bale seems to say to the radio people making fun of him to knock themselves out because he deserves it. The real test, though is if he will come on shows like David Letterman (who has been having tremendous fun with Bale's rant) when it's time to promote his movie.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
A little. Polanski didn't just "have sex" with a 13-year old. He drugged, had intercourse with, and sodomized a 13-year old against her will. Those are two very separate acts, constituting something quite different than a simple personal/religious issue. That is not nuance.

Bale's rant is merely unprofessional. Stone being a bitch is her personality. Polanski's issue is a heinous crime. Not really comparable. Other than that, I agree with your basic point.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Chuck, he was only charged with sex with a minor so that's why I wrote it that way. The rape, sodomy, drug, alcohol charges were all dropped.

After seeing Ashley Judd on Larry King last night I have a few more things to say but I won't. :D

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Jeff, I wrote it oddly, but I was supporting your statement/viewpoint. I was not suggesting you were the one damning him.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott

The victim would disagree but that doesn't take away the act, which is something she seems to have forgotten. Even after watching that documentary it's still rather strange how everything came together.

troy evans

Screenwriter
Yeah, well what I'm finding strange is what "Polanski (the rapist)" has to do with "Bale (the temper loser)"? You've been bringin' this up alot now and it's not even relevant to this situation. In fact, they couldn't be at further ends of the spectrum.

troy evans

Screenwriter
And here's another comparison. So, I've re-read the posts and ask again, why do you keep comparing two extremely different acts as if the're simular? Bale is not, to my knowledge, a rapist.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I never compared their acts. I compared the people who say neither one did anything wrong.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

There really is no difference. You are saying that people who defend Bale are the same as people who defend child rape. Sorry, but anyone who justifies or excuses rape is a hell of a lot more out of touch than people who justify what amounts to an adult temper tantrum. It is an insult, not to mention a disturbing lack of insight, to compare people who defend Bale to those who defend Polanski. As I said before, reasonable people can disagree about Bale's behavior. Whether his victim has "forgiven" him or not, no reasonable person could excuse Polanski's behavior without some accusation of being a star struck sycophant.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
You can read it however you like and you are more than welcomed to be insulted by it. Just make it clear that I never compared rape and a sissy fit by a "punk".

Not even Bale can defend his actions and even he has said that he was way out of line. His so-called holy defenders can't even say he should have handled it a different way. Instead of saying Bale did anything wrong they want to push the fault to the DP or McQ. A simple: Bale was out of line but.... would have worked but these defenders can't even say that.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

So would it also "have worked" if Polanski's defenders said "Roman was out of line but . . ."? Because if that does not work, then you have no point in comparing the two defenders, besides silly shock value. Sorry to say, but your comparison, much more than heaping insult upon me, instead removes respect from both you and your argument, and you are more than welcome to feel both disrespected and irrelevant by that fact.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Well, you're just going to have to move on in life as Bale has. I'm certainly not going to take back what I said. As for silly shock value, you seem to be the one dragging it out with this overdramatic "removing respect" from myself. As with Bale, I don't know you so I can't say I'm going to lose any sleep over you losing respect due to what I wrote. I guess I'll be the bad bully and say I've lost respect for someone like you who can't say Bale did anything wrong and instead push it off on a victim and a bystander. At least Bale had more guts to admit he was wrong, which is why he gets my respect while those defenders don't. I'm sure if Bale read some of these defenders he'd probably go off on another rant.

Now, you can come back with how insulting I am and how much respect you've lost for me but this will be my last post since we're entering Sirk territory so please, take the final word.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
I actually never said what Bale did wasn't wrong. I simply said I understood why he did it, was guilty of it myself sometimes, and then mostly questioned the appropriateness of equating defenders of Bale with defenders of child rape. That's all. Then again, there is a lot of projecting going on in this thread, so maybe you are correct to just move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks