What's new

Backyard/Outdoor Speakers? (1 Viewer)

Thornhill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tony
Hey everyone, hoping to get some suggestions on some decent speakers to use in my backyard.
I'm planning on setting up a backyard theater, to have screenings throughout the summer. I don't have a very large backyard, and I'm not really looking to go very high end. I'm open to either using speakers I can leave outside, or speakers that I can set up and remove after each screening. I'm also open to the setup, either a 2 speaker setup, or a 5.1 setup. I'm just trying to get an idea as to what would work the best for me, so I appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks!

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
That sounds like a lot of trouble/work to me. I assume you're talking about using a front projector outside? If so, every time you show a movie, you'll have to setup projector, receiver, speakers, cables, speaker wires, screen. And then when you're done, do it all over again. I don't know how big your yard is, but why not just use 2 front speakers? I doubt a sub would be much use outside.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
It's not that much work, I've done it a dozen times or so and it takes 30 minutes or less. Of course, I'm not calibrating or anything, and I use a sheet for a screen. I'm counting on the beer to keep things in proper focus.
I just use and old amp and two speakers I have lying around, so I don't have any real advice. If I remember correctly, this came up before and someone suggested getting a PA amp and speakers. So if you are getting things new for this application you might look into that.

Thornhill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tony
I agree that it's not that much hassle, and I'm not looking for perfection, just something decent.
I'll have to look into the PA amp and speaker options. Thanks for the reponses guys, if anyone else wants to chime in, I'm all ears. :)

Steve04

Auditioning
Real Name
peter
Check out SoundCast Out cast outdoor speaker Reviews , truly wireless 360° sound experience.
eaff5da1_images.jpeg

ShowMeCables

Agent
Real Name
Paul
My Boss gave me a pair of Klipsch outdoor speakers and I couldn't be happier. Granted they were free, but I think after listening to them, I wouldn't hesitate pulling the trigger on them. Mine are white, but they come in black as well. I have them connected to a second zone on my Denon 2808 so I can listen to different things inside and outside. This is the best time of year to sit outside, enjoy the weather, listen to a ball game, or whatever genre you desire.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks