What's new

Outdoor Audio for Backyard with a Pool (1 Viewer)

utahband

Auditioning
Real Name
Roger
I'm trying to plan a wired 2-4 zone outdoor audio setup. I'd like to have a receiver in the house with wifi control with Alexa (via phone). In a couple of weeks I'll be pouring concrete in the backyard and I want to make sure I have all of the conduit/buried cables taken care of ahead of time.

A couple of questions that some of you with experience might be able to answer:
1. I've purchases from 2 wire, 14 gauge direct burial wire. Is that suitable for runs of +100 ft?
2. Are the guidelines for daisy chaining speakers within a zone?
3. I'm planning on going with mono speakers outdoor speakers.
4. I'm open to suggestions for all equipment: speakers, multi zone amps, receiver, wire.

Below is a generic schematic of the backyard layout (assuming 8-10 speakers): https://i.imgur.com/GNptRNU.jpg
GNptRNU.jpg

What are you looking for (Speakers, Subwoofer or Both)? Speakers, outdoor sub(s)

Primary Use: 99% Music, 1% TV & Movies

Desired Configuration: Not sure

Room Size: 75x55

Is the room open to other areas of your home: No

Do you already have an AV receiver or amplifier? No

What's your budget (low to high): $1500-2000

Any special requirements (Wife Acceptance)? Optional AppleTv/ChromeCast support for outdoor zones

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Sorry for the delay. Are you planning on using mono speakers or dual tweeter speakers (essentially a L+R in one speaker). Asking because the DT models require two runs of speaker wire or 14/4.

I would put everything in conduit since it will be under concrete- if there is ever a problem you can easily re-run it.

Depending on what you plan on playing, I would use Sonos Amps instead of a receiver. They play nice with Alexa and Google and have a great phone app.

Will you have a TV in the cabana, or anywhere else outside and if so do you want the audio from that to be played on a zone?

Other than that I don't see you really having different things playing at the same time, I'm assuming that the zones are more for volume control reasons?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks