What's new

Back to the Future *DVD Features* Announced!!!! (1 Viewer)

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
Gee, for a famous actor who becomes a PA just for the heck of it (say anything), I would have expected Eric Stolz not to care about inclusion of his footage. I wish someone could talk some sense into him.
It's not fair on Eric if his footage is released. I'm not too fussed about seeing it anymore.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
...it is VERY likely that this disc will feature both a DD track AND a DTS track.
I'll soil myself if there's a DTS track! :b

Extras or not, I'll be picking this one up for certain. It's been one of my favorites since way back when, especially since Marty first travels back in time on my birthday...October 26th! I'm like it so much that when it comes on TV (I don't own the VHS tape or even a VCR for that matter), I watch it the rest of the way through.

John CW

Supporting Actor
Stoltz obviously wasn't let go because he was doing a stunningly brilliant job as McFly in the eyes of the studio, and he evidently objected to having what many consider a sub-par performance hauled out of the vault and shown to the public
No-one ever said his performance was sub-par, word from inside the studio inicated they thought his performance simply wasn't what they were looking for: He came across like a cynical 40 year old when they were really looking for a young, niave teenage-kid performance.

I wonder if Universal have even contacted him over their inclusion? It would be simply AMAZING to see this footage, and I certainly doubt it would change my mind about Stoltz in any way (well except maybe make me feel sorry for him!).

Must have felt pretty bad on the day he was sacked and then even worse when it became a mega-hit film.

~ John

Trace Downing

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trace Downing
Sounds good! It's about time is all I need to say.
I will say this, if a DTS track is NOT included, and that MegaDork Huey Lewis is, I'll just have to get a job at Universal and FIRE someone!
Thread Fart warning....
Any TRUE child of the 80's HATES Huey Lewis! No negotiations or excuses about it. Us 80's folks used to cheerfully beat up anyone who even hinted at liking Huey Lewis. This is not news.:p)
Now, ZZTop?:D

Trace Downing

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trace Downing
I do speak for myself, but there was millions others who spoke with me when Reagan was still President. Don't take me so seriously. Even I have bought things I'm not proud of.:D
I regret more that Sting quit The Police and eventually became Yanni since the 80s, than HL&N dominating the airwaves. He was a great rocker, and he's a wet sponge now.:thumbsdown:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Trace, I'm not sure what you've got against Huey, but here's another vote in his favor. As for "millions" who you indicate hated him even when he was popular...well, despite them he WAS popular at the time. And still is remembered fondly now, along with many other has-beens of the era, including Ratt and Ton Loc.
Huey's/The News' songs were a product of their decade, just like (to continue in BTTF mode) Chuck Berry was a product of his decade. While songs by both artists are sounding pretty dated about 10 years later, it doesn't lessen the enjoyment of listening to the songs if you like stuff from that era.
I happen to like both! You don't. We've all expressed ourselves...let's agree to disagree and move on. :D

Trace Downing

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trace Downing
You know it's strange, that no matter how over the top I try and phrase myself, or how many little smiley icons I put on, others seem to take me seriously.

No, it's true, I never liked HL. It has nothing to do with the music being dated by today's standards. I never liked him then, and I do like the music from the era...just not what was overplayed on the radio at the time.

Others were regailing us with their love of HL. Others liked the fact that his music video is on the DVD, I particluarly think it's a waste of space. How is that any different than others complaining about not having the full documentary on it, or none of the Eric Stoltz footage?

Sure, we can agree to disagree, but I don't really think the paternalistic tone of your "let's move on" was necessary.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Trace,
Us 80's folks used to cheerfully beat up anyone who even hinted at liking Huey Lewis.
There must've been a lotta ass-kickings handed out because HL&TN was big in the 80's! :D
Seriously, I never liked him or the band, but that damn song (Power Of Love) will get in your head!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks