What's new

Back to the Future *DVD Features* Announced!!!! (1 Viewer)

Eric T

Second Unit
Extras, schmextras. As long as it's a good transfer with clean 5.1 audio, I'm on board :)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
give me a break what do people want micheal j. fox included with the dvd's?
I was kinda hoping for Elisabeth Shue! :D
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
Zemeckis isn't the type to tinker with new audio after the fact (thank goodness), but it could be out of his hands.

I've lost my capacity to be excited about these discs, but I'm sure I'll be ecstatic upon owning them.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Extras are nice, but it's the films I want, extras or no. As long as it's OAR and anamorphic I'm happy. Throw in deleted scenes and a great commentary, great, but the lack of them isn't a dealbreaker.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Well, the main reason that I'm not buying them is because I don't really care for the films , but my point is that a trilogy this anticipated and requested deserves better extras.
Thread fart.

Oh well, I will be picking up these titles regardless of the so called lack of extras. It's about damn time these discs are in my collection.

J

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
About the bandwidth issue, i'm shocked that nobody has mentioned that it is VERY likely that this disc will feature both a DD track AND a DTS track.
Two fairly obvious factors make this almost inevitable...
1. This is a Speilberg production. ALL of his films on dvd feature a DTS track so far.
2. It's a Universal title. We all know that they have a habit of featuring both audio formats on the same disc.
Combine those two things and i'm willing to bet this will happen.
This also makes me a bit worried about the quality of the video, even at only a running time of 110 min, all those extra's plus a DD and DTS track will eat up A LOT of disc space.
This is all speculation right now of course, we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
If I remember right, according to an older Bob Gale interview on that site, he did say they had made seperate 1:33:1 and OAR transfers, so.....

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
This also makes me a bit worried about the quality of the video, even at only a running time of 110 min, all those extra's plus a DD and DTS track will eat up A LOT of disc space.
Yeah, I wasn't even thinking about DTS until you mentioned it. It will be interesting to see if Universal's lack of using two discs for each movie makes the video quality suffer - even if a little bit by unnecessary artifacts.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Hi,

About the bandwidth issue, i'm shocked that nobody has mentioned that it is VERY likely that this disc will feature both a DD track AND a DTS track.
Keep in mind that these are the specs for the international edition. If you take a look at other international Spielberg DVDs you'll note that many of them don't have a DTS track, e.g. there's no Jaws or SPR with DTS in R2. So I wouldn't be too surprised if the R1s of BTTF will actually be 2 disc sets with DTS.

Also, the fact that R2 specs are already out but no word of R1 specs makes me kinda nervous. If an R2 is released before the R1 it's never a good sign. Reminds me of the rush job MGM did with Terminator SE in R2/4 against Van Ling's will, only to do a proper release with improved extras a few months later in R1. Same thing seems to be happening with Crimson Tide SE which is out now in Germany and which doesn't have a commentary track even though Tony Scott recorded one.

So I hope the R1 specs will be out before the international version is released, otherwise I'll wait for R1 just to be on the safe side.

Chris

Matthew H

Second Unit
I live and breath BTTF, so buying these is a no-brainer. :)
I've seen scenes and stills of deleted scenes from Parts I & II, but never any for Part III. That should be interesting...

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Gee, for a famous actor who becomes a PA just for the heck of it (say anything), I would have expected Eric Stolz not to care about inclusion of his footage. I wish someone could talk some sense into him.

Bernhard

Stunt Coordinator
I'm at a point now where I don't care about the extras... I just want those movies on DVD!!! I've been around here for a long time now and remember every time they "announced" the immediate release of the BTTF trilogy only to delay it again soon afterwards.

Come on, it can't be THAT hard...

TheoGB

Screenwriter
It's probably just been too long since I saw the original but does anyone else think that Stolz really looks like he could be Crispin Glover's son? I wonder if they'd have picked a different actor for George McFly if they'd got Fox from day one?

I also think the extras are slightly below-par, but that's mainly because I'd have liked commentaries on all three movies...

Andy_S

Second Unit
No where does it say when the US release will happen. Is it possible it will still take place in December? (According to the Digital Bits).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks