What's new

Back from Hollywood: A brief summary of our trip, plus: CLONES, SPIDER-MAN and MORE! (1 Viewer)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
-- Hire extra people to handle incoming payment, those people demand half of the revenue.
-- banks demand the other half of the revenue.
-- Accountants complaining extra works, and demand yet half of the revenue.
-- Auditors complaining extra works, and demand yet another half of the revenue.
-- Hire extra staff to handle bounced cheques, those staff demand yet another half of the revenue.
-- Banks demand another half of the revenue for processing the bounced cheques.
First, I don't understand the extra hiring to process the payments as if that is different than processing the free orders.

I do understand a PERCENTAGE going to financial transactions, but then ANY PCT of the profit is more than ZERO.

Why are checks bouncing then? Why not follow traditional web methods of credit card payment instead of accepting checks? I mentioned early going into biz with an established etailer if FOX didn't want to handle the logistics. Giving up a big PCT of the profit still leaves you with more than ZERO.

And what Black Bar complaints are going to be filed on a 1927 silent film done in Academy ratio? Even if you mean to generalize "complaints" about the DVD, we are still not talking J6P on this purchase due to the nature of the film and the ordering process.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
4X3 HDTV sets won't become the norm because true 1080p HD broadcast are generally 16X9 widescreen.

On widescreen sets, an HD broadcast "fills the screen". On a 4X3 set; an HD broadcast is letterboxed. J6P will have none of that.

Of course, it is possible that HD broadcasts could revert to 4X3 format if the market demanded it, but I doubt it.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I just thought of something...

What is stopping Fox from licensing Sunrise to Kino or Criterion?

If they're not concerned with making or losing money over Sunrise, why not let another DVD distributor handle the film?

Not only would Fox be praised for letting a company like Criterion do a full-out special edition (for no less than $35), but that the Criterion label would help sell copies.

I think Fox has licenced a handful of titles to Image and Anchor Bay, so why not?

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Well, I'm confused now.

One one side, they don't feel like they're going to make profit (besides the obligatory "Buy 3, get one free" deal) from the release, yet treasure it as an Oscar winner.

It's like when Disney got on Anchor Bay's case for doing the roadshow DVD of The Happiest Millionaire. Well, is there a Disney DVD special edition after the big stink Buena Vista made?

Are there any records at all on the laserdisc sales for Sunrise?

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Frank,
that is about the most BRILLIANT thing I've seen on the forum in ages. THANK-YOU.
Now you need to "Package" that image and provide it as one of the smily-icons we can plug into our posts :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks