What's new

B&W Center Channel Speaker (1 Viewer)

Khalil:e

Auditioning
Hey all...my first post!!
:D

I am kind of a Home Theater noobie...hope you dont mind :)

I am slowly starting my home theatre, and have recently obtained a Harman Kardon AVR 435 receiver. I have some spare speakers here and there to complete a very shallow home theatre system. 2 Nuance Spatial speakers for the fronts (not too fond..) - Athena c.5 center channel, and Athena s.5 rear speakers.

I am looking to re-do the speakers to something more substancial. Starting with the center channel, I was looking at purchasing a B&W LCR6 S2 speaker.

I would like to get some opinions on this speaker, good or bad.

I will be upgrading all speakers, that will come soon after :)

Anything helps!

Cheers,

Khalil

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Was there an LCR6 in S2? In S3 it's LCR60 and LCR600. General concensus is that the LCR600 is well worth the price over the LCR60, so that may be something to consider.

Have you auditioned the B&W's to make sure that's what you want for your new speakers? B&W makes great speakers, but they're not for everyone, so definitely audition to make sure the 600 series is what you're looking for.

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
My HT consist of:
B&W DM 602.5 S3 (front speakers)
B&W LCR 600 S3 (center speaker)
B&W LM1 X 3(side & back surround speakers)

The LCR 600 S3 is ths best of the bunch, and you want the best center that matches the rest of your speakers as possible!!

Gavin_mi

Stunt Coordinator
Its all in what you want out of a speaker, personally I found the B&W 600 series to be warm and flat, which is great for classical music things of the nature. personally for watching DVDs I prefer a speaker a little on the bright side. (the mids and highs more upfront and in your face) but there again you have to make sure that your ear dont fatigue while listening for long periods. I listens to B&W 600 series and 700 series and paradigm monitor series and studio series for about 4 hours all in the same room on the same material. when it was all said and done....I will be getting the stuido 100s and the rest to match. digms are in general a "bright" speaker. for the money I would have to say the best speakers that I have listened to are the monitor 5's AWESOME sound and only 550 bucks for the pair.

I would have to say that anyone who is going to spend any real $$ on speakers and doesnt listen to 5 or 6 different kinds before spending is making a big mistake. just my 2 cents and I'm sure alot of people will agree.

best of luck to you in finding something you enjoy in your price range.

on a side note, I would recommend getting a decent sub before you buy anything, that is what has made the biggest difference to me in watching a DVD.

Gavin

Robbie R

Stunt Coordinator
I think you are going about this backwards.

I would audition and buy mains first, then buy a matching center channel for whatever mains you bought. If you do decide on B&W 600 series, I highly recommend the LCR 600S3 center channel too. I have owned both,,,, and I can tell you the LCR 600 is worth the extra money!

Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks