B&K Ref 30 upgrade?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Vaughan, Mar 5, 2002.

1. Brian Vaughan

Brian Vaughan Stunt Coordinator

Well, I figured it was about time to bring up this thread again. Apparently the fine people at B&K didn't make any announcements regarding a ref 30 upgrade at CES. Has anyone heard any news since then?

Thanks, Brian

2. Steve Morgan

Steve Morgan Second Unit

Steve
    Brian, read the Outlaw post and the thread about the problems with the Motorola chip.When Motorola gets it worked out we will have our upgrade.
    Personally, I am enjoying my Ref 30 and with the few DTS-ES releases I can wait.I would really like to hear Pro-Logic II though.[​IMG]

3. Brian Vaughan

Brian Vaughan Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the reply Steve. I've been hearing about the Motorola problem for months now. I hope they get it corrected soon. I don't know if I will even get the upgrade when it is offered. I just want to hear some details (and perhaps a timeline) from the people at B&K. For anyone who has tried to call them or (God forbid) e-mail them, you know how hard it is to get any info from them. Perhaps I'm just jealous of all the customer support people who own Tag, Outlaw, Lexicon, etc. receive.
    Ah! Done venting for the day! [​IMG]
    Cheers, Brian

4. Steve Morgan

Steve Morgan Second Unit

Steve
    Brian, if they have been following the Outlaw debacle I don't blame them for not releasing any info.I hope when they do its with new Dacs and all new formats.

Steve M.