1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Updating Processor Software - B&K

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Jeff Courcelle, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Jeff Courcelle

Jeff Courcelle Auditioning

I have a B&K Ref 30 Processor that I have been using the past 5 years or so, and the unit has never had a software upgrade. My attempts at contacting the company directly have been useless in regards to getting the unit updated.

Are there any other B&K owners out there who have had their Procs updated? If so, where did you get the update and what method did you use to install it?

Thanks!

2. Gary Seven

Gary Seven Grand Poo Pah

Gaston
    Hello,

I have recently upgraded my AVR-507, which is now a 517. Odd that you had trouble contacting the company directly, I had no problem. Their number is on the customer service of their web site. I contacted them for some warranty work and decided to have the unit updated at the same time. I have to say it made a big difference. They upgraded the firmware and hardware and had it back to me in 10 days. It was actually great service. Now they didn't do it for free (the upgrade that is, warranty work was free) but I feel it was well worth it. The unit is outstanding.

Here is the link...

http://www.bkcomp.com/contact.asp