What's new

Axiom vs Dahlquist vs Athena (1 Viewer)

Brendan K

Auditioning
I am looking to spend no more than $1000 on new speakers, to be used primarily for music.

I believe that I have narrowed the options to only Axiom, Dahlquist, and Athena.

Unfortunately, there are no dealers for any of these speakers in my area.

I wonder if those of you who have heard these speakers (two or maybe all three) could compare them for me? In your opinion, which would be best for music with my budget?

I am looking at the following approximate packages:

Axiom
M3Ti
VP100
QS4
EP125

Dahlquist
QX6
QX4
QX50C
QX100S

Athena
ASF1
ASC1
ASB1
ASP400

Thanks!

Brendan

MatthewK

Stunt Coordinator
Perhaps contact Marc at Audioshop as I know he carries both the Dalquist and Axiom lines.

I just setup Axiom M3tis, VP100 and QS4s. They sound great.

Matthew

Donnie Clark

Agent
I haven't heard the Axioms or Athenas so I can't compare. I bought 3 pair of Dahlquist QX 6's and love them. The wide dispersion of the tweeter makes them so flexible. The front three are at the same level and the center is behind my projection screen. The back three are mounted near the ceiling, angled down. Surround is great as well as DVD-audio. These things can be placed on the ceiling or floor and still sound great.

Donnie

Philip A

Agent
I vote Dahlquist.
Marc at the Audio Shop http://www.audioshop.on.ca/ steered me to them over the Axioms, because of consistent favorable a/b comparisions with Axiom and Paradigm. I've yet to hear of a dissapointed Dahlquist owner.
In fact, just the other night I had that most satisfying experience of noticing something new in a fairly well-worn CD track--too fun to have speakers that can continually surprise. You will love working with Marc.
--Phil

I have a pair of M3Tis and a VP100 center, and I love them. These are the first real speakers I've had so I can't compare, but they sound great to me.
If you do go for Axiom you might check what they've got in their outlet. They sell speakers that have minor blemishes in the finish for a discount. That's where I got mine, and I saved probably $100 for "minor blemishes" that I couldn't even find. They guarantee that the speakers have no sound quality problems, they are only cosmetic problems, and they come with the same warranty as regular speakers.
http://www.axiomaudio.com/factoryoutlet.html

JohnBrianW.

Stunt Coordinator
I would go with Axiom then Dahlquist. I didn't like the Athenas. Totem is better than both mentioned above IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks