What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Avengers: Endgame SPOILERS ALLOWED THREAD (3 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm thinking of going to see this again for the fifth time as a movie theater near me built and opened a new theater with Dolby Atmos, big screen and recliner chairs. I haven't been to that theater complex for several months and they redid their lobby with new concessions offerings.:)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I have no problem with the ‘alternate’ timelines, since, IMO, when the stones are returned to their original time/place, it would negate/collapse the new timeline. (Ok, Loki scampering off might cause some problems - it might even allow him to return after ‘really’ dying).

My main question is about Dr. Strange. Since the stones in the current timestream are destroyed, what is in his amulet going forward?

None of the other stones were being used (well Vision ...). They were just being stored away safely. They wouldn’t be missed.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
(Ok, Loki scampering off might cause some problems - it might even allow him to return after ‘really’ dying).

I suspect that this will be the launching point for the forthcoming Disney+ series with Loki, but I don't expect him to return to the "prime" universe that he died in at the beginning of Infinity War. That version of Loki had matured and was moving away from being strictly evil to being more of an anti-hero. That made for great character moments in Ragnarok, and made Loki's death devastating to Thor, but it also robs the character of the elements of his personality that make him fun to watch. By having the 2012 version of Loki as the one that's now alive and presumably part of the show, they get to return to the personality traits that made the character successful in the first place.

y main question is about Dr. Strange. Since the stones in the current timestream are destroyed, what is in his amulet going forward?

I suspect that is going to be a plot point in a future Doctor Strange movie.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Just found on YouTube. I don't think this one was posted yet, but if it was and I overlooked it I apologize. Build did a good interview with Markus and McFeely:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It's an interesting insight into what it's like to audition for and perform in a minor supporting role in a Marvel Cinematic Universe movie.

It's interesting that she didn't know she was going to be playing Cassie, because it seems like Cassie would be a long-term commitment than just a cameo in this film. Even though she was only in this movie for a minute or two, she'll absolutely have to be in Ant-Man 3 since they can't wind back the time jump. Casting it the way they did saved the surprise of the time jump, but now they've made a very significant change to the structure of the Ant-Man films without being able to screen test her acting off of Paul Rudd first. As I said before, I wonder if Peyton Reed got to be involved in casting her; she didn't mention him here, but she's essentially going to be given to him as the new Cassie for the next film.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
As I said before, I wonder if Peyton Reed got to be involved in casting her; she didn't mention him here, but she's essentially going to be given to him as the new Cassie for the next film.
Ryan Coogler wasn't involved with casting Chadwick Boseman, so I kind of doubt it. It does raise the question of whether some of these actors and actresses sign multi-picture options without even knowing who they're playing.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Ryan Coogler wasn't involved with casting Chadwick Boseman, so I kind of doubt it.

The difference there is that I don't think Ryan Coogler was signed for Black Panther when Civil War was shooting. I recall reading somewhere that Coogler saw a cut of Civil War when he signed for the job, so they couldn't allow the director of the solo film to vet casting because there wasn't one yet. Obviously, Peyton Reed has already directed two Ant-Man movies and I fully expect him to come back for a third.

All of the other Marvel directors whose characters were on loan to the Russo Brothers for this film get their complete original cast back -- Gamora isn't the same Gamora as she was before, but she's still Zoe Saldana, so Gunn still cast her. Only Reed is going to have to deal with a change of actress. While I'm sure he'll be professional about it, and I have no reason to expect Furhman isn't up to the task, it feels like a courtesy to involve the director of the standalone franchise which has already been going. They are radically shifting the dynamic of the next film by switching out one of the key characters. I'm not saying it's wrong to have done that by any means; it would just be nice for Reed to be involved in those conversations about who the next person is.

Apparently this weekend they are adding a message from Tom Holland before the movie and the Spider-Man trailer after the movie.

That's smart. Honestly I'm surprised they didn't do that from the beginning, but it will be a big boost for Sony. And speaking of Far From Home, a reminder to anyone interested that multiple cast members from it are appearing on Jimmy Kimmel Live tonight (Thursday, May 9.)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Maybe the disc hits before and maybe it doesn't.

Of course it does. They want you to sign up for Disney+, but they don't want to miss the chance to sell it to you on its own first and then have you pay for it again as part of your Disney+ subscription.

We know Captain Marvel is going to be on Disney+ at launch on November 12 because Bob Iger said it would when unveiling the Disney+ slate a few weeks ago. But that's still coming to Blu-ray on June 11.

Last year, Infinity War arrived in theaters on April 26, on digital July 31 and on disc on August 14. So far, Disney has used the same windowing for Endgame, with its theatrical release beginning April 25. If they keep to the pattern, the digital release will be July 30 and the disc release will be August 13. Even if they hold it a little while longer, it will still be on disc well before December.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Of course it does. They want you to sign up for Disney+, but they don't want to miss the chance to sell it to you on its own first and then have you pay for it again as part of your Disney+ subscription.

We know Captain Marvel is going to be on Disney+ at launch on November 12 because Bob Iger said it would when unveiling the Disney+ slate a few weeks ago. But that's still coming to Blu-ray on June 11.

Last year, Infinity War arrived in theaters on April 26, on digital July 31 and on disc on August 14. So far, Disney has used the same windowing for Endgame, with its theatrical release beginning April 25. If they keep to the pattern, the digital release will be July 30 and the disc release will be August 13. Even if they hold it a little while longer, it will still be on disc well before December.
This!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks