What's new

AV to PC Monitor (1 Viewer)

AsherBE

Auditioning
I'm trying to output my PS2, Xbox and Gamecube to my PC Monitor. The monitor is a widescreen LCD. The max resolution is 1280x800 / 1280x768.

Having looked and read alot i'm trying to deside between a few products to do this.

the Digital Systems XBlaster
It seems that the resolution conversionsis really acurate but does it only support Progressive scan ? I was a bit confused on this.

XRGB-2 Plus Upscan Converter
It sounds like this product suffers from some resolutions problems creating jaggid edges. Am I right in my understanding that this only suport intorlaced output? is that what Upscan refers to? I'm wondering if i can use progresive scan with this to my monitor.

Upscan Converter 2

I'm still trying to find these answer and understand all the inner workings of the converters. But maybe you can help me out with finding some answers as well.

Finally with these boxes will i be able to utilize the full width of my widescreen monitor? Will the image be stretched or just leave a black frame on the sides? If the full screen is used will i able output games or dvd's to widesceen and have them fit my full display?

Answers to any of these as well as suggestions on what else to ask or look into would be greatly helpful.

Thanks

-Mind

RudyN

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rudy Nunez
I used to use the Xblaster for my Xbox and GC before I got my HD tv. It worked great. Never used it for the PS2 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks