What's new

Aura Base Shaker (1 Viewer)

SamCK

Agent
Forgive my ignorance, but I'm relatively new to this and don't have an electronics background. I'm a good listener however, and appreciate any input.

I have a Yamaha receiver, and just purchase two 25W Aura Base Shakers and 3 of the 50 watt ones. I plan on installing them to the wood frame in teh couches and under the theater seats. How do I hook them up? Do I need an additional amp or can I simply split my sub woofer output, and run one to my sub woofer, and the other to these "shakers". The technician lost me when he started talking about ohms and parallel and series wiring options.

SamCK

Agent
One other question, how do you connect the sub woofer output into series or parallel, when it is a single coaxial jack and not a +/- regular speaker connection. I want to hook up the base shakers to my receiver's sub woofer output. Thanks.

Kevin Biller

Agent
I am by no means an expert buy I have hooked up enough stereo equipment that I should be able to help you out.

The subwoofer output on your receiver/process is just that. An output of the subwoofer signal. This is not an amplified signal and it will not power you shakers or any other speaker for that matter on its own. In the case of connecting to a subwoofer, you are actually connecting that signal to the subs amp first, which then powers you sub.

The is true for you shakers. You must run the output of you subwoofer to an amplifer which will in turn power you shakers. If your receiver has some unused speaker channels on it, you could input the signal into one of these via the Audio in jacks. Then run speaker wire for that channel to hook up your shakers.

I believe bass shakers are rated at 8ohms. If you connect them series (ie. 2 connected as + - + -) you will double the power requirements. If you connect them in parallel (ie. + to + & - to -) they will maintain the same volt draw but you drop the ohms to 4. Make sure you receiver/amp can handle a 4 ohm load before hooking up this way.

Hopefully this clears things up a bit for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks