What's new

DHT Debronzo Home Theater (1 Viewer)

vinnieD

Auditioning
Real Name
Vincent
My Dreams of building a home theater started around my teen age years when I bought my first techniques surround sound receiver and set it up in my bedroom
I couldn't wait to move out one day and set my surround system in a living room. Those dreams where done after my first issue of Home Theater magazine, when I seen photos of rooms done like theaters having a surround sound in my living room was not enough when I was to buy my first house.

That's when the buying began piece by piece many years buying selling upgrading of receivers dvd players and the first purchase of my fixer upper house.
I always imagined my home theater to take up a entire basement and this was my chance but just needed lots more time being every room in the house needed to be done in and out of the house.

After many years fixing up everything that needed to be fixed in and out of the house, I moved into the basement to see how the hell I was ever going to turn this smelly leaking basement in to a one of a kind home theater with one day off a week , doesn't give me much time to spend so every day off and late nights went into turning my wet stinky mess into a home theater more then one year latter.

Many trips to home depot for 2x4s sheet rock insulation molding, paint, screws screws and more screws, I started to keep track of what I was spending but that went out the window after a few months out of the project, I couldn't say what the cost was with all the materiel but what I do know it much more then I anticipated it to be.

To help me with the design of the theater, colors scheme lay out, the search was on, pulling up hundreds of photos from the internet nothing was what I was looking for or in my budget, looking in all my old home theater magazines I found the design and layout that I was looking for using a photo out of one issue to give me inspiration and a design idea, working on a not that big of a budget and no payments no interest, the basement started to come to life, the only mistakes that I made is that I placed my in wall stereo cabinet on the same wall as my projector screen , most people like to place their equipment in the rear of the theater, and the other mistake was that I never sound proofed the ceiling so now movie night needs to start a little early being the base shakes my sons crib

When I sought out to build my home theater I wanted to keep my surround sound that was in my living room so the main in wall cabinet in the basement is built four feet away from the wall to give me a space to connect and work on my components, this cabinet houses my home theater equipment for the basement theater and receivers dish receivers and dvd players for my living room upstairs that I can control from up in my living room with a leap frog Infrared Remote Extender System

My theater components are not high end in any way, but not junk consisting of Three Yamaha Receives one that powers my living room home theater and the second receiver powers my basement home theater RX-V2500 the mother ship, and the third powers my base shakers under my main seating in my theater.

A Sony DVD Player for the main theater and anther Sony DVD Player for the upper home theater Three Dish Network Dish Players with over 300 Gigs hard drives that power my whole house and can tapped into all from the basement home theater, D-Link DSM 320 Media Center that powers my upper and lower theaters with over 3000 MP3s 6000 home pictures and a endless supply of movies that can be streamed from my computer to both rooms, A Pure AV Unit to clean and protect all my equipment Epson power Light 10+ Projector 80" pull down Screen 2 Aura Bass Shakers under the front sofa to give the couch some cool shakes
7 Klipsch Quintet speakers, A Mirage 12" 90Watt powered sub woofer.
X-10 lighting so I can dim the lights with my remote control this may be the best part on the home theater for me:)

So all in all Im happy the way everything turned out, it was alot of work alot of money alot of time and best of all alot of fun building and enjoying the end result.
I don't think we are ever going to move!

htnuts.c0m/dht

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Very cool...love the popcorn popper!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
...Your hard work has paid off. So what time is the next feature? :)

mazersteven

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Mazer
VinnieD,

You guys and your basement dedicated HT rooms.

"You Suck" ;) That's a good thing.

I see a popcorn machine, but no bar? How can you have a theater with no bar? LOL

Very Nice Good Job
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

vinnieD

Auditioning
Real Name
Vincent
Building a outdoor bar I will post pics ASAP keep a eye out on my page and let me know what you think:emoji_thumbsup:

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I like your theatre a bunch! I really love the old style film reel and Oscar statue as well! Are those speakers in the columns?

ry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks