What's new

Audio syns issues (1 Viewer)

bdmlilburn

Auditioning
Real Name
bret licon
New to home theater. Bought a Xbox one which I have plugged up to my older pioneer vsx 515 reciever via digital optical audio cable. Xbox one is hooked up to my LG 60ln5600 HDTV via HDMI cable. My reasoning for doing it this way is my surround sound lacks the vocal audio and higher frequencys my TV hits but my TV lacks the mids and lows. My TV will not send sound out its audio ports and its speakers at the same time which is why I have it hooked up this way.The problem is the TV like most hdtvs has a delay for processing the video while the stereo does not. My stereo does not have a delay feature(pioneer vsx 515) and my TVs delay feature will not advance itself far enough to match the stereo. So I have to find a way to delay the stereo.I figure I have two options. Buy a new stereo with HDMI ports and a delay feature or buy some kind of digital audio delay processor though I'm having troubles finding any for a decent price.Looking for opinions on my cheapest route to fix this issue and also some product advice before I make another purchase.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Better speakers for your 515. There is no reason, at all, to have speakers connected to an AVR that need augmented by the TV.

bdmlilburn

Auditioning
Real Name
bret licon
Not an option the speakers I have work fine. I just don't want to switch back and forth. Want to be able to turn on the stereo and use it and the TV at the same time or just the TV without having to go into settings every time. I need some sort of audio delay

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
bdmlilburn said:
...my surround sound lacks the vocal audio and higher frequencys my TV hits but my TV lacks the mids and lows.
No, your receiver ("surround sound") does not "lack" high frequencies, it's the speakers connected to the receiver that are unable to reproduce high frequencies to your satisfaction.
bdmlilburn said:
Not an option the speakers I have work fine.
If indeed they "work fine", then you haven't taken the time to properly set them up and configure the receiver. If you have optimized the settings within the receiver's setup menu, then they definitely aren't working "fine".

There's a lot about your system you didn't tell us, though. Are you running 5.1 from your Pioneer or just 2.0? What speakers are you using?

In addition, LCD displays are notorious for causing more "sync" issues than any other display type - mostly because of the extensive video processing that is inherent to the displays. Have you tried turning off any image "enhancements" within the TVs setup menu? That may help reduce the delay, but with an LCD display, you're going to have some degree of delay pretty much no matter what.

bdmlilburn

Auditioning
Real Name
bret licon
Currently running 5.0. From what I can tell my stereo does not have any sort of equalizer at all.

bdmlilburn

Auditioning
Real Name
bret licon
Let me be more clear. I agree with you guys. My speakers are mismatched and my reciever is a little old and lacks a lot of functions. But currently I am in an apartment the sound output is more then what I need right now. The entire system will be replaced when I move sometime this next year so not looking to upgrade it at all. All I want to know is whether or not there is a way to delay my reciecer or not.Now that we are on my future goals LOL. Any tips on what to look for when I replace the entire system aiming towards a 7.1 setup ? Like a whole set or speakers from here and reciever from there? Is monster wire truly one of the best common wires of use. To run my Xbox one through a reciever then to TV or not? Any tips are welcome

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Mismatched speakers doesn't make a difference...as for "needing the TV speakers to provide what they can't".

The entire point of exterior audio is to supplant the TV speakers.

It would cost more to cure this delay than it would cost to simply replace this AVR with an all HDMI AVR. LCD are the hardest TV to sync. The only way to do that is with an HDMI AVR that offers enough delay. Every HDMI AVR, even this one...
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/ONKHTRC330/Onkyo-HT-RC330-5.1-CHANNEL-HOME-THEATER-RECEIVER/1.html
Will cure your entire problem.

And, what are these front speakers you have? I can't imagine any speaker you can buy that is worse than a TV speaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks