What's new

ATTN GAMECUBE IMPORTERS: The Mod Has Been Revealed!!! (1 Viewer)

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Arghh *breaks something*
quote:
Dear NCS Customer,
Due to unexpected shipment delays from Japan for the Gamecube, we are unable to ship your order until Thursday or Friday of this week. We were only able to ship 1/3 of our pre-orders from a shipment that arrived on Monday but the rest of our shipments won't arrive until later this week. If there are any further delays, we will update our customers accordingly. Apologies for this problem but it was beyond our control.[/quote]
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh, I ordered within 5 mins of them putting the modded cubes up for sale too! Ugh, no cube for me until middle of NEXT WEEK now. Son of a..... What a feckin' boring week this is going to be.
frown.gif
Little hurt to see most people on the IGN cube forum that their delay would only be until Wednesday latest. J-Fo, what's the status on yours?
I'm a LITTLE miffed in not being told they didn't actually have their stock, I was under the impression they had them, were modding them over the weekend and would ship em out Monday. Getting it THIS week helped justify the $440 I wasn spending on my order. Dunno what to do now!
£271 for the modded cube, rogue leader, s-video cable and memory card + shipping at Lik Sang. I WILL get hit by customs from them though (and its UPS again, so on the door charge will be faced). Tuesday now, so I doubt even with these guys I will get my cube this week.
Again, ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Dan (UK)
[Edited last by Dan Brecher on November 13, 2001 at 10:22 AM]

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
WTF is this about! Some chap on IGN said he ordered his on Thursday and his has shipped to him in Hawaii today. I put in my order Wednesday! Ok now I am even MORE angry.
furious.gif
This news was just begging for an e-mail to NCS to find out why this happened (awaiting reply)...
Dan (UK)
[Edited last by Dan Brecher on November 13, 2001 at 10:54 AM]

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
WTF is this about! Some chap on IGN said he ordered his on Thursday and his has shipped to him in Hawaii today.
This is going to piss you off Dan, but mine is here, and I placed my order on Saturday.
I'd send them an e-mail if I were you.
------------------
-J.Fo
"He represents all that is soulless and wrong... and you slept with him!"

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I REALLY wish that I had $500 in spare cash. I would get a GCN (modded, of course), and a buncha games and accessories for it...
What would be cool is if they made multi-region games. Imagine getting a game and playing it in either Japanese mode (with Japanese text) or American mode (with American text).

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Yes, Jeffrey...yes, I am pissed! As I said, I sent them an email earlier and they've not replied to that at all. You can rest assured that I am about to write them another one.
If it's some type of "domestic customers mean more" deal then I will get angry. My $85 worth of shipping should bloody mean something! It's not like I get excited over computer games much anymore, this order meant something to me, it really did.
I trust the company, their back and forths with me via e-mail have been exceptional and I trust Brian's word that they ARE a truly great company, but I need a good answer why I've been shunted down the list of being assigned to a cube. Everything I wanted was in stock, the 3rd party s-video cable, memory card and rogue leader. This is a lot of money I am spending, and as I said, getting it this week would have helped justify the cost a little more.
Dan (UK)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Dan,
Just to let you know, my offer still stands. Just give me a shout if you still want me to pick everything up for you.
-Dean-
------------------
My HT Equipment
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Dean, that's very kind, I did just receive this from NCS however:
quote:
Hi Daniel, thanks for your e-mail and sorry for this mix-up. We were waiting to stock additional Rogue Leader for the USA Gamecube before shipping your order in it's entirety. We should have this game on Thursday again and your order will be shipped as soon as we have restock. Apologies for this situation.[/quote]
Never thought I'd say it, but damn that stupid rogue leader. :)
Dan (UK)
[Edited last by Dan Brecher on November 13, 2001 at 04:34 PM]

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Dan,
Glad everything is straightened out with your order.
I had a scare at work today, and it was almost no Cube for me. Thankfully my job is safe.
-Dean-
------------------
My HT Equipment
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Never thought I'd say it, but damn that stupid rogue leader. :)
Let's hope that's the last time you have to say that. Unless of course, you get stuck and can't beat a level.
By the way, Dan, the modded Cube from NCS looks pretty slick. They have a big red button on the back. Push it in for American games. Presto! You've got Rogue Leader blasting on your system.
You will love it, Dan. It is Star Wars.
------------------
-J.Fo

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Dan-
It should also be noticed that yesterday was a holiday and we here in the states didn't have any mail being circulated. That might have contributed to you not getting your GCN. Probably didn't, but I'm just guessing.
So has anyone gotten the mod to work without destroying their GCN and now has a working one with an American game?

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Morgan;
Just so you know, I didn't "destroy" my first Cube. It still works, but it only plays Japanese games. I have not gotten to the mod to work successfully on it. My friend Ben and I plan to fix it and get the mod working sometime next week. I only ordered a pre-modded Cube from NCS because I had purchased Rogue Leader at a local store last weekend, and I could not bear to wait that long to play it, especially when it was there in my hands crying out, "Play me, Jeff. Play me."
By the way, I named my new Gamecube Alexander.
Oh and if I do get the mod to work on my first one, I may offer to sell it to someone on the Forum who is interested. I'll keep everyone posted.
------------------
-J.Fo

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Err, let's try again:
Why would anyone want to modify their Gamecube? You overclocking it or something?
Is it a Japanese GC that only plays JP titles then the mod allows you to play US titles? I'm genuinely curious. Thanks.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
John;
Yes. The idea is to turn a Japanese Gamecube to play U.S. games. You can connect a switch to the system's motherboard so that you can go between regions. In other words, you can have one system that plays both U.S. and Japanese games.
------------------
-J.Fo

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Jeffrey, good to hear NCS's mod was a slick job, it's getting a lot of praise on the IGN forums I noticed too. Any lock ups with Rogue Leader at all? (Lot of reports of such faults on part 3 of the Hoth level)...
Dan (UK)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Dan - is the lockup related to modded GCs only?
------------------
Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.
MyHTSetup

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Lou,
No. Planet Gamecube first reported it whilst playing Rogue on their domestic US cube. I've noticed a few mentions of various bugs in rogue leader on the IGN forums. Doesn't seem to be a bug (the hoth lock up) that happens every time one plays it however.
Dan (UK)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Those aren't lock-ups, but rathing drops in frame rates. I haven't heard any reports of the game just freezing or anything.
I will buy your GCN for $20 American!

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
The screen going black and the machine having to be switched off to re-start the game is no simple drop in frame rate. :)
Dan (UK)
[Edited last by Dan Brecher on November 14, 2001 at 02:18 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks