What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Arrested Development Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I think it's a pretty decent timeslot. There are no huge hits on against it, so maybe folks who otherwise would not will give it a chance.

Regards,

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob

AD won't be affected as much by post-season baseball on Mondays as it would be on other nights. Monday is often a travel day to avoid competing with MNF.

Rob

Allen Hirsch

Supporting Actor

That means it will compete w/ MNF for 18 weeks, right? Which probably kills the 18-50 male demographic for AD....

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
East of the Mississippi, Monday Night Football doesn't start until after Arrested Development is finished (and these programming decisions are made in New York).

And {insert snarky comment about the relative intelligence of Arrested Development's fans and football's here}.

Darren Conroy

Stunt Coordinator
The timeslot may be slightly shitty, but it may be just what the show needs. I don't think AD is the kind of "weekend show" that Family Guy and Simpsons are. Despite being during the work week, I think people are more likely to channel-surf during weeknights. This may be enough to get exposure. Right now the typical response I get from people I mention the show to is, "I've heard about it, but I've never gotten around to watching it." This may get the television rogues to start watching it out of the "why-the-hell-not" factor.

The MNF does concern me, though. I'm definitely going to have difficulties getting to watch it in the college lounge. I may have to occasionally mooch off another Arrested Fan in Boston with TV on occasion. (*cough*)

StephenK

Stunt Coordinator
FYI, was at a play last night and sat within 6 feet of Henry Winkler, the Mom from Gilmore Girls, Cousin Brucie, a guy from Star Trek TOS (kinda looked like an old Lance Henrickson, but I don't remember the episode), and 2 other character actors I couldn't name but recognised. I talked to Henry about AD and he said the following:

1) Picked up for 13 more episodes (old news)
2) He won't be on it anymore as he's getting a new sitcom on CBS
Possible West Wing spoiler (I don't watch it so I don't know)
the new show will be with Stockard Channing. He said "they lose" whatever that means.

Anyway, that's it.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I actually think that Mondays at 8 is a good slot for AD. I think that Fox might have lower expectations for its rating in that time slot, so AD will have a chance at impressing them. I'll be looking forward to seeing it on Mondays in the fall...

Darren Conroy

Stunt Coordinator
Shame about Henry leaving. His last episode was the season finale, though. ("Are those balls? Because the last time we were here they were balls.") I hope he'll at least record a send-off so his character doesn't just drop off the face of the earth plot-wise. (But I'm confident they'll come up with something clever.)

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
The balls comment had me in tears. The shark joke I didnt even get untill I saw it on the boards, and then it hit me. I think he will still have a couple guest spots. I cant see him totally jumping off the show. Man I thought the waiting to see if they would get picked up was bad, now I have a whole new type of waiting. I cant wait till the new season starts in maybe September.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It might actually be August; Fox has made comments about Prison Break getting six or seven episodes aired before baseball starts. If the entire schedule starts the same night, that might push them into mid-August.

(Of course, if Prison Break has a two-hour premiere, that shaves a couple weeks off, but still puts them into early September)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Even if Henry Winkler is on another show, I don't think that that makes it impossible for him to be AD too. Granted, I doubt he'd be able to make a lot of appearances but I'm sure we'd still see Barry a few times in the new season.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
This weekend I had randomly turned on the radio and a local radio station was having an 80's rock weekend. Europe's "The Final Countdown" was playing. I started laughing loudly, cranked the radio and started to do a silly dance and pretended to throw playing cards around as if I had my own magic show a'la GOB style. My girlfriend started laughing once she figured it out. It was great. It made us miss the show even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks