What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Arrested Development Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Tim Abbott

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim

I haven't caught the press release, but if his show is on another network, historically they aren't very likely to allow him to make an appearance. Which is a shame, because he had some truly laugh out loud performances on AD.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Thats great! :D But did she get it? or think you were just crazy?

Unfortunately, we had some guests in the house in the other room at the time I did my little tribute, so it was best for me to be unseen by them. Only one of our guests had seen an episode or two, so they wouldn't have gotten it.

Now if only my girlfriend would lift her shirt up and yell "Take a good look, cause this is the last time your gonna see these! WOO HOO!!!!!" every time I saw her. :D Now that, would be a good tribute.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Zach Braff, yeah. But SNL and HBO are different from prime time network TV. Kind of like the long line of OZ and The Wire stars hopping over to the Law and Order franchise in their off-season, and Mama Cooch from Carnivale showing up everywhere.
Even with Zach; 1) Scrubs is solid enough not to worry about competition from another night, 2) Zach has enough juice in the Scrubs heirarchy to dictate some terms, and 3) the sensibilities of fans of each show are enough alike to have the audience see him on AD and say "Cool, Zach from Scrubs is friends with people at AD. that reminds me, Scrubs is on next Tuesday. Need to remember to check it out" as opposed to "he's so much better here. Wish he wasn't wasting his time on the POS Scrubs."
If Scrubs was flailing for it's life and identity, and Zach wasn't a powerful figure behind NBC's ONE successful comedy, I think the guest appearance would've been much different. They tossed Jennifer Finnigan's airplane into the side of a mountain on Crossing Jordan when she started work on Committed fer chrissakes.

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit

you think that's bad? i have had it as the ringtone on my phone ever since the episode with tobias in the bathtub...i laugh every time i hear the ringtone--it's never gotten old.

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
The Emmy nominations are in. "Arrested Development" has been nominated for 11 Emmys including Comedy Series, Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor, and Best Supporting Actress among others. Here's hoping it blows "Desperate Housewives" out of the water, and thanks to the in-joke for that show on the last episode of the season, maybe it'll actually win its second consecutive Emmy for Comedy Series, although it'll probbably take more than that to win it, but it winning over "Desperate Housewives" to me will be crucial if the series wants to make it past Season 3, or at least that's how I see it.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
With the new season coming in 1 month. Im trying to get my summer fill of AD. I forgot how much I missed this show. Im in the middle of watching the episodes from last season right now and heard one of my favorite lines.
One of my favorite lines from last year was when Martin Short was on, and Michael was trying to get lindsay to go on the weeend getaway with Drag. The part when Maybe was thanking Michael for Tobias, for the trip and she said she didnt want to know what that meant and Michael says

Michael : "I just screwed my brother in law"
Maybe : "Well im all grown up now"

I was laughing so hard when I heard that again.
That and the
"Looks like your hunting dragons... in the future"
joke were tops. Cant wait to see the next season.

CherylJ

Stunt Coordinator

Didn't Marc Cherry From Desperate Housewives also make an appearance? When the fans were picketing him or something?

I know he's not an actor and ABC probably didn't care because it's not like AD is competition for DH, but it's interesting that all these folks from other shows want to guest-star on AD. All the cool kids love the show. :D

Lucille: I'll have a vodka rocks.
Michael: Mom, we're having breakfast.
Lucille: . . . and a piece of toast.

I am so loving the marathons that Fox has been running. Fox is notorious for canceling shows before their time, but I have to thank them for supporting AD this long.

ETA: The marathons have made me appreciate just how great Michael Cera is as George-Michael. The AD cast is uniformly excellent, but he doesn't get his due. His facial expressions are priceless. And the Star Wars kid thing cracks me up every single time.

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo

Yes, as a matter of fact he did. In the season 2 finale of the show, Anne along with George Michael, was able to get a whole troop of protesters out in front of Marc Cherry's house to protest his show "Desperate Housewives." Marc Cherry showed up at his window and yelled, "For God's sake, it's a satire!" To me, it made me laugh hystericly, but then again I could never get into "Desperate Housewives", so maybe that was why I laughed at that joke.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
I don't think it was just you, I laughed at the line too, I don't care for DH either, I think that's why it's probably more funny.

Michael Cera is awesome as George-Michael. I was watching some Season 1 yesterday, the one where he wears the Adam suit that makes him look stronger and more built to Maebe, his reactions to everything in there is great.

Not to mention that Alia Shawkat as Maebe is amazing as well, he reactions in that episode to her parents ignoring her and her threating to leave and her parents still ignoring it. Then in season 2 when she becomes the producer.

I'm also finding a lot of appreciation to what Jessica Walters brings to her character of Lucille 1. A lot of subtleties that are just great.

All of the actors are great in any case, but these are just a few of my favorite. They all have great little quirks, Buster calling his brothers not by name but just "brother" was always something I liked. I'm so happy this show is coming back.

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
I believe Marc Cherry and Mitch Hurwitz worked together on "The Golden Girls", thus resulting in the little crosspromotion between friends.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
That's awesome. How many think he will be introduced as the lawyer's nephew?

Britton

Screenwriter
I just love this blurb from that linked article:

"We're thrilled to have Chachi here," cracks Will Arnett (Gob Bluth). "I'm hoping Pat Morita is next."

Pat Morita would be awesome. :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks