What's new

Arrested Development Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just a heads-up for fans of the Emmy-winning Arrested Development, it's back on tonight at 8:30 p.m. EST.

For those new to the show, give it about 2-3 episodes before passing judgment on it because it'll grow on you (I hope).

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I think the first season DVD set sold pretty well so perhaps there will be many more viewers this time around.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Let's hope it gets a good rating.

For those new to the show, avoid Patrick's suggestion. Watch the first season on DVD then start watching this season.

~T

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Nah, jump right in. One of the things the show does well is humorously integrating backstory via the narration and occasional quick flashbacks. Some of the running jokes won't hit you quite as hard as they do the rest of us, but this show isn't a David Greenwalt "two minute clip package that just makes the show look more intimidating" special.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

Agreed. I didn't start watching until mid-season last year, and I had no trouble picking stuff up.

Thank god season 1 is out on DVD. I've watched it through a couple times already. :)

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit
I missed about half of last season's episodes, but caught up quickly with the DVDs. I blazed through them in 2 nights--sleep be damned. To add to all of the plaudits that have been lobbed at this show on this forum and elsewhere, I'll add my two cents: IMHO, Arrested Development is the funniest and smartest thing to hit network television in a long time.

A couple of favorite moments from tonight's episode: 1. Michael getting pulled over with G.M. sitting in his lap and 2. GOB "redecorating" the office cum pool room (for some reason that really had me going).

Does anyone know what the creators intended the aspect ratio of the show to be? The show looks brilliant at 1.78 and a little flat at 1.33.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Annoyingly, though, here in NY the football ran 45 minutes late, disrupting my DVR and wreaking havoc on VCRs. A friend just called me, furious that he had missed the last 15 minutes of AR, which he had tried to tape (he had budgeted for overage but not enough). This happens every year; I should be used to it, but it just gets more and more irksome. How can anyone discover this fine show if no one knows where to find it or even if it's on at all, after a barrage of promos touting its new 8:30 timeslot? Sigh...

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I loved the premiere. A bunch of people were watching it with me who had never really watched the show, and even they were laughing out loud at a few moments. The small stuff (like the reason for delaying George Michael's Get Out the Vote thing) were very nice to catch, and the continuation of the previous storyline was handled very well between seasons.

Britton

Screenwriter

I never noticed anything wrong with the show's look when I saw it the first time around on Fox, but after watching the dvds it did look very cramped.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed the hell out of the episode; in particular G.O.B. finding the briefcase in the wall and then Michael taking the sledge hammer to the wall to look for the checkbook on the same premise. Since he's supposed to be the straight man, Michael's little quirks are all of the funnier.

I also like how the show never dumbs down its characters; the Simpsons has turned Homer into an abolute idiot, borderline if not clinically retarded.

G.O.B. isn't the smartest tool in the proverbial shed, but atleast the credit him enough to know what that document meant.

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit

Agreed. For some reason, I originally thought it was on at 9 o'clock. I hope this show is given a chance to fly or flop on its own merits and isn't canceled due to programming incompetence.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Great episode. I loved Tobias finding the Blue Man Group flyer and then "blowing" himself :) "He looks dead. He must have blue paint or something on him...but he's fine." :D

The Michael Moore reference was funny too, with Buster getting signed up for the Army.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
GOB turning the 100 dollars into 100 pennies was hillarious. I loved the music coming up every time Oscar was speaking. Looks like season two is going to be just as great as the first.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I cracked up when Buster was draping Oscar's hair on his head.

Tobias's airhorn outburst was great timing.

Lindsay appears to get a minor makeover (teeth way too white compared to last season).

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Minor?
A can't place it [maybe the eyebrows?], but she looked very different.
I wondered at times whether Portia de Rossi had actually been replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks