What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Arrested Development Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I believe it...mostly because I want it to be true so badly.

So happy that we'll see more AD!

Erik_H

Stunt Coordinator
Excerpted from today's Daily Variety:

"News was particularly good for many (but not all) skeins that had been hanging by a thread.

Fox told 20th Century Fox and Imagine TV that "Arrested Development" will be back for another season..."

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Woo Hoo! Hopefully that is the final word. I'm still pissed that Carnivale got the axe, but at least I'll still have Arrested Development.

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
This is the best news I've heard all week! I hope they can toy around with the rerun schedule this summer and find a better night for the show...

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Hurray!!

I wonder what would be a better night for AD? Think it would do well on Mondays?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Glad to see it's a press release, too. Great news. The full season pick-up is great too. I hope they crank 'em out fast and early, just in case.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
The GetArrested site has been updated with the information as well.

So does anyone know what Jason Bateman meant by the "twins" comment?

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I believe Fox was considering offering them a two season pick-up (which they did do for "24") which would have kept the costs down vs. renewing again for the following season. This would also have gotten them up to around 84 episodes which would be enough for a syndication deal. They probably decided it was too risky, and will reserve the right to cancel the show next Spring.

Regards,

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Wow, I was worried about loosing yet another great show to mindless reality shows. This is great news. I cant wait for season 2 to make it to dvd. I just bought season 1 (at the time, my girlfriend and I only saw season 2, but loved it) and it really is one of the best shows on television.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks