What's new

Aquaman TV Seres: What Happened? (1 Viewer)

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
With all of the returning series the CW wanted to keep a momentum unprecedented for a new network, there just wasn't room on the schedule for the show. They only picked up two new dramas, and are even fighting to keep 7th Heaven around for another season to attract advertisers. It's purely business.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
You keep posting these threads in the wrong section. The section you want is TV and HDTV Programming. This section is strictly for TV on DVD. :)

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
They better release this on DVD. It is a shame to get our hopes up with a TV series then kill it before it can even air. I am still holding out hope that someone with half a braincell will realize this is something they should nurture not destroy.

Rocky F

Second Unit
I am also disappointed this wasn't picked up, the teaser looked even better than I expected. I am slightly disappointed in the entire CW lineup to be honest, especially since there were rumors that they might pick up Ivasion from ABC, and the CBS pilot Ultra, another comic book adaption. Not that there was any chance of all 3 of those being added to the schedule, but it sure would have made for a cool lineup. I think there could be a glimmer of hope though, the CW has a very shallow bench, so maybe they will decide to add a few more shows, including Aquaman, as the season progresses.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I wouldn't be surprised if this was a midseason replacement.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I'm sure this show would have been a big flopparoonie. Anyone who's seen Justin Hartley's acting can attest to the fact that he CAN'T act, has no business acting, and probably killed the project himself just by being in it.

Rocky F

Second Unit
Yeah, this is nothing unusual, of over 100 pilots shot over the last few months, about 45 shows were picked up either for the fall or midseason, and I'm sure each of those had a lot of blood, sweat and tears put into them. That's just the nature of the business.

Having said that though, let's face it, the CW already is developing a rep for reviving "dead" shows, with 7th Heaven and Reba both coming back, so maybe they'll suiprise us and put on Aquaman eventually.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I remember WB had a new Dark Shadows and Lost in Space pilot a few years ago (and was ultimately the reason they got rid of Angel) and then they were never picked up.
Ashame they didnt pick it up, especially since I think Smallville suffered this season due Millar and Gough dividing their attention.

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if it was meant to be a pilot or not, but I remember seeing a TV movie from The WB a year or two ago on The Lone Ranger. It was one of the biggest loads of crap I've ever seen.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was okay, liked the eye candy, though the siren was pretty bad in all phases of the game.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
I thought I read somewhere that the pilot would be available on ITunes. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks