Aquaman TV Seres: What Happened?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Mark Talmadge, May 20, 2006.

1. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Cinematographer

According to this following site ( http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=4268 ) the series wasn't picked up for the new Fall Lineup. I'm curious what happened with this series since a lot of effort went into making this pilot.

2. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    With all of the returning series the CW wanted to keep a momentum unprecedented for a new network, there just wasn't room on the schedule for the show. They only picked up two new dramas, and are even fighting to keep 7th Heaven around for another season to attract advertisers. It's purely business.

3. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

4. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

You keep posting these threads in the wrong section. The section you want is TV and HDTV Programming. This section is strictly for TV on DVD. [​IMG]

5. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    They better release this on DVD. It is a shame to get our hopes up with a TV series then kill it before it can even air. I am still holding out hope that someone with half a braincell will realize this is something they should nurture not destroy.

6. Rocky F

Rocky F Second Unit

I am also disappointed this wasn't picked up, the teaser looked even better than I expected. I am slightly disappointed in the entire CW lineup to be honest, especially since there were rumors that they might pick up Ivasion from ABC, and the CBS pilot Ultra, another comic book adaption. Not that there was any chance of all 3 of those being added to the schedule, but it sure would have made for a cool lineup. I think there could be a glimmer of hope though, the CW has a very shallow bench, so maybe they will decide to add a few more shows, including Aquaman, as the season progresses.

7. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    I wouldn't be surprised if this was a midseason replacement.

8. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

I'm sure this show would have been a big flopparoonie. Anyone who's seen Justin Hartley's acting can attest to the fact that he CAN'T act, has no business acting, and probably killed the project himself just by being in it.

9. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Well, that's no different from any pilot. Television's a ridiculously competitive business.

10. Rocky F

Rocky F Second Unit

Yeah, this is nothing unusual, of over 100 pilots shot over the last few months, about 45 shows were picked up either for the fall or midseason, and I'm sure each of those had a lot of blood, sweat and tears put into them. That's just the nature of the business.

Having said that though, let's face it, the CW already is developing a rep for reviving "dead" shows, with 7th Heaven and Reba both coming back, so maybe they'll suiprise us and put on Aquaman eventually.

11. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    I remember WB had a new Dark Shadows and Lost in Space pilot a few years ago (and was ultimately the reason they got rid of Angel) and then they were never picked up.
    Ashame they didnt pick it up, especially since I think Smallville suffered this season due Millar and Gough dividing their attention.

12. Roger_S

Roger_S Stunt Coordinator

I don't know if it was meant to be a pilot or not, but I remember seeing a TV movie from The WB a year or two ago on The Lone Ranger. It was one of the biggest loads of crap I've ever seen.

13. Rocky F

Rocky F Second Unit

14. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I thought it was okay, liked the eye candy, though the siren was pretty bad in all phases of the game.

15. KevinGress

KevinGress Supporting Actor

I thought I read somewhere that the pilot would be available on ITunes. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

16. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Yes, it is, and can be had for the low low price of $1.99! [​IMG]